Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula(How to use Jubula to GUI test Eclipse and Eclipse Plugin features)
Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1734496] Wed, 08 June 2016 20:11 Go to next message
Khanh Vu is currently offline Khanh VuFriend
After research old and current documents, I tried to use Jubula on Eclipse4.5.2 to startup another instance of Mars as AUT. I have the Mars AUT under a separate folder (unzip Eclipse twice in 2 different folders). I assume that Mars AUT should be define as an RCP AUT. I can not use the documented steps in the Testing RCP AUT chapter to add the RCP Remote Control Plugin to Mars. Am I heading in the right direction or I should not use Jubula or RCP as my test tool selection? Thanks.
Re: Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1734515 is a reply to message #1734496] Thu, 09 June 2016 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Khanh,

Mars should be started as an RCP AUT, yes.

What problems are you having using the documented steps? Which step is causing the problem?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1734587 is a reply to message #1734515] Thu, 09 June 2016 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I am trying find the proper rcp-support.zip file.

The "Setting up an RCP AUT for testing" section stated:
1- Locate the Jubula installation directory, and open the development folder (to look for the rcp-support.zip file to extract in step 2)

I have downloaded and extracted Jubula package from the Eclipse download site. I searched for rcp-support in the Eclipse subfolder but no luck. Also I try to find any "development folder" on the http://testing.bredex.de/jubula-download-page.html for register users but did not find rcp-support.zip

Step 2 to 8 are concise to follow to setup my 10 versions of AUT Eclipse.

I just need a site link or a folder after Jubula installation, to get the proper rcp-support.zip that supported by the Jubula version.

Thanks,
Khanh

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2016 14:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1734637 is a reply to message #1734587] Fri, 10 June 2016 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Khanh,

thanks for the clarification. The rcp-support.zip is available in the standalone version (downloadable from testing.bredex.de).
The plugin itself is also contained in Eclipse for Testers (look in the plugins directory and search for org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp

Hope that helps!
Alex

Re: Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1734702 is a reply to message #1734637] Fri, 10 June 2016 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Alex!

I copied the org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp Jubula_Eclipse jar file, from the plugins folder, to the AUT_Eclipse plugins folder, for step 1 and 2 of "Setting up an RCP AUT for testing".
The rest of the RCP instruction steps worked as stated.

Much appreciated,
Khanh

Re: Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1734828 is a reply to message #1734702] Mon, 13 June 2016 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent Smile thanks for the update!
Re: Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1734897 is a reply to message #1734702] Mon, 13 June 2016 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent :) thanks for the update!
Re: Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1740378 is a reply to message #1734897] Fri, 12 August 2016 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jubula is a great test tool to test Eclipse and Eclipse plugins. To show my appreciation as a big fan of Jubula, I made a 10 minutes instruction video to supplement the Jubula User Manual. https://youtu.be/GggNUTEDfK0 I hope this additional information will get novice Jubula users over the obstacles and enjoy test automation. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2016 12:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1740511 is a reply to message #1740378] Mon, 15 August 2016 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks so much Khanh! Smile
Re: Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1748824 is a reply to message #1740511] Tue, 29 November 2016 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dinh do is currently offline dinh doFriend
hello Khanh et all

i'm getting started with Jubula with tests on eclipse. i saw your post on youtube showing the tests to install eclipse plugin and tried to practice the same test.
I tried firstly with only 2 steps:
- active Eclipse (ub_app_activate_AUTDefault)
- SelectHelp/Install new software (ub_mbr_selectEntry_byTextpath), i put TEXTPATH[String]

after that i opened object mapping but see 3 strange "unassigned component names": login_login_btn; login_password_txf; login_username_txf.
I don't know what are they indeed because my 2 above steps didn't have any parameter like these

i tried to skip "object mapping" and RUN THE TEST from test suite browse. the test was run with failure at first step indeed and i\m getting stuck here.
So, can you please share me more details on your example ? or give me a hint to make it run ?

thanks,
Dinh

Re: Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1748873 is a reply to message #1748824] Tue, 29 November 2016 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dinh,

it sounds like you used the new project template, which shows you a structure of how we structure tests. The 3 component names come from there. If you don't need the tests we prepared, you can:

1. Delete all three test suites that were created with the project
2. Remove the reused test cases from the Test Suites that were created with the project
3. Or create a new project without using the "project template"

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Testing Eclipse (Mars) IDE with Jubula [message #1750006 is a reply to message #1748873] Thu, 15 December 2016 04:31 Go to previous message
dinh do is currently offline dinh doFriend
thank Alexandra,

for the unused components, i can delete them manually or re-create the project as your suggests.

regarding to the active AUT, i found that it didn't work because the AUTdefault activation method was not set, then it worked fine when i choose to use active method (CENTER).

thank you again for your suggestions.

Previous Topic:How to ignore check failure on retry test logic
Next Topic:Jubula not saving my testreports
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:24:18 GMT 2024