Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » The rule to name the resource?
The rule to name the resource? [message #1734351] Tue, 07 June 2016 11:10 Go to next message
David Zheng is currently offline David ZhengFriend
Dear all,

I've come up with a problem, is there any spec that define the resource naming rule?

I mean, is it possible that can we follow some kind of rules to name the resource so that we can know the application type or device type of the resource?

I'm now doing exchange data from different MN-CSE, but the thing is that if we don't have a naming system, how can we know which device resource is my interested resource?

Any good idea or is there a spec defined in OneM2M?

Many Thanks!
Re: The rule to name the resource? [message #1735886 is a reply to message #1734351] Thu, 23 June 2016 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guillaume Garzone is currently offline Guillaume GarzoneFriend
Hello David,

I think what you are looking for are the labels: labels are used to annotate your ressources and retrieve / discover them faster and in an easy way.
OneM2M does not specify naming policies as names are free of choice. However, you can use labels to tag an application with "temperature" & "sensor" for instance or "light".

Hope this helps,
Guillaume
Re: The rule to name the resource? [message #1736148 is a reply to message #1735886] Mon, 27 June 2016 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Zheng is currently offline David ZhengFriend
Dear Guillaume Garzone:

Thanks for your reply!
I know that we can use "labels" to tag the application/device/data.
But here also comes the question:
Is oneM2M defines any syntax or semantic rules for "labels" ?
So that all the stakeholders who use the OM2M platform can follow the rules for writing the "labels"

Thanks!
David.
Re: The rule to name the resource? [message #1736154 is a reply to message #1736148] Mon, 27 June 2016 07:47 Go to previous message
Guillaume Garzone is currently offline Guillaume GarzoneFriend
Hello David,

As far as I know, oneM2M does not define any standard labels. Labels are just words in text, for human reading. Its a first tool to help the user or developer discover specific resources quickly.
However, in the next release (oneM2M rel. 2) the use of semantics and new type of containers will aim to make the containers machine-understandable. The idea is to add semantic to the container to describe it and what it represents. This way, interoperability is provided at a semantic layer.

Guillaume
Previous Topic:problem when try to add mn(in Raspberry Pi) in my IN(pc)
Next Topic:what is the difference between ETSI-M2M standard and OneM2M Standard?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:04:48 GMT 2024