Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Deploy eclipse using SCCM 2012 (How to silent install eclipse )
Deploy eclipse using SCCM 2012 [message #1734279] Mon, 06 June 2016 17:14 Go to next message
Zach Rivenburgh is currently offline Zach RivenburghFriend
Hi, I am trying to deploy eclipse to about 200+ computers using SCCM 2012. Im having problems making the script to do the silent install, every time i try running the script the installer still comes up. Here are some of the cmd line's i have tried. Please help, thank you.

msiexec.exe /i "$networkpath$\Eclipse Neon\eclipse.exe" /qn

"$networkpath$\Eclipse Neon\eclipse.exe" /qn

"$networkpath$\Eclipse Neon\eclipse.exe" /s

"$networkpath$\Eclipse Neon\eclipse.exe" /quiet

Re: Deploy eclipse using SCCM 2012 [message #1734296 is a reply to message #1734279] Mon, 06 June 2016 21:08 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
First question: what did you download to get eclipse.exe? The traditional downloads are not installers, rather the Eclipse application itself. Eclipse does not install like a native Windows application; it's basically unzip and run.
Even the "Eclipse Installer" (project Oomph) is not a typical Windows install package - it's actually a custom application built on the Eclipse platform itself. And it's totally interactive (using GUI) - I don't know if Oomph provides a headless mode, you might have to ask in the Oomph forum
Previous Topic:Eclipse implementation for custom import wizard
Next Topic:Eclipse will not start on SunOS. libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:14:31 GMT 2024