Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Vorto » Multimedia model
Multimedia model [message #1733957] Thu, 02 June 2016 13:01 Go to next message
Vatan Bytyqi is currently offline Vatan BytyqiFriend
Hi,

I just stumbled on this Vorto project and it looks like a great initiative to try and create a common model for all things.

I can't see there is any model in the repository for defining a media player or a camera/images. How come or is just a matter of time?

Thanks
Vatan
Re: Multimedia model [message #1734188 is a reply to message #1733957] Mon, 06 June 2016 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Edelmann is currently offline Alexander EdelmannFriend
Hello Vatan,

first of all: thank you for liking our project and supporting our initiative Smile
Regarding your question:
The repository on Eclipse contains a few models only at the moment. However we are working with partners to slowly fill the repository with models.
If you realize that a model is missing in your point of view, you can create the missing model with the Vorto toolset and share it with others in the repository. You can use a namespace of your choice to not clash with existing models for that matter.

Would you be keen on creating camera related functionblocks/datatypes and share them ? If you need assistence for that, do not hesitate to contact us.

Cheers, Alex
Re: Multimedia model [message #1734830 is a reply to message #1734188] Mon, 13 June 2016 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will have a look on a camera functionblock when I get some time over. I have two things that I would like to get more clarification though:

1. Is it possible for a functionblock to extend another functionblock? Let's say I have a super BinarySwitch which both Lamp and PowerSwitch extends. Then I can call a function
toggle()
on all BinarySwitches which will toggle all lamps and power switches.

2. Is it possible to define a configuration/settings of a device in the Information Model or is everything defined by functionblocks? It would be nicer if it was possible to substract the configuration from the functionblocks.

Thanks
Vatan
Re: Multimedia model [message #1736337 is a reply to message #1734830] Tue, 28 June 2016 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Edelmann is currently offline Alexander EdelmannFriend
Hi Vatan,

1) It is possible in the latest 0.4.0-M4 to define a function block extending another function block. The M4 is available from today and you can update now.
2) No. Function blocks provide the only way to define such configurations. I can imagine that device specific configurations, that cannot be generalised into function blocks, should also be allowed to be defined but this is not possible at the moment.
But when i understand you correctly that you would wanna remove configurations from function blocks altogether and have them only defined in information models. What are the reasons for that, in your opinion?

Cheers, Alex
Re: Multimedia model [message #1736399 is a reply to message #1736337] Wed, 29 June 2016 08:30 Go to previous message
Great!

Regarding the configuration I was a bit unclear. I wasn't thinking about removing the configuration from the specific functionblocks. What I meant was not to have a functionblock which is of a type "configuration" that defines configuration of the device, instead have a separate section for defining device specific configurations (still keeping the configuration for each functionblock as is).
Hope this sorted out the confusion Smile
Previous Topic:Cross reference example
Next Topic:Vorto for Internet of Services?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:31:03 GMT 2024