Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Activity Diagram issue (issue following A Practical Guide To SysML)
Activity Diagram issue [message #1733878] Wed, 01 June 2016 17:28 Go to next message
Zack Windom is currently offline Zack WindomFriend
Hi,
I apologize if this has been asked before; I saw no mention of it scrolling through the forum. I am a novice in both SysML and Papyrus and I am attempting to go through the book "A Practical Guide to SysML: The Systems Modeling Language" in order to learn. For those of you with the book, I am trying to replicate the Air Compressor example on pgs 37-46. I am having issues decomposing an activity (trying to replicate Figure 3.9) that I declared in an activity diagram. In other words, an activity used in an Activity Diagram can be further decomposed into several activities itself. However, the book implies a way to decompose this activity (which Papyrus calls an "Opaque Action") such that the inputs and outputs are consistent with the already defined input and output pins on the activity. I haven't found a means of doing this. Any advice?

If this is not the right place to post this, please let me know. Any advice would be appreciated as I feel like I cannot continue reading the book and learning if I am stuck.

Thanks!
Re: Activity Diagram issue [message #1733882 is a reply to message #1733878] Wed, 01 June 2016 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raphael Faudou is currently offline Raphael FaudouFriend
Hi Zack,

You decompose activities through Call Behaviour Actions, not through Opaque actions.

With CallBehavior Actions pins (from action nodes) map to Activity parameters.

The SysML specification mentions that you can show Activity decomposition in a Block Definition Diagram.
But I think that is not yet supported in Papyrus (was not a few months ago. it might have evolved).

Hope it helps
Raphaël
Re: Activity Diagram issue [message #1733884 is a reply to message #1733882] Wed, 01 June 2016 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zack Windom is currently offline Zack WindomFriend
Thanks for the quick reply! Could you link the SysML specification for me?

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2016 19:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Activity Diagram issue [message #1733886 is a reply to message #1733884] Wed, 01 June 2016 20:00 Go to previous message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

OMG SysML Spec: http://www.omg.org/spec/SysML/1.4/

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:Best Practice for teamwork with papyrus
Next Topic:Checking validity of model?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:52:16 GMT 2024