Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP application with basic eclipse features(RCP application with basic eclipse features)
RCP application with basic eclipse features [message #1733823] Wed, 01 June 2016 08:46 Go to next message
Ahmed Zakaria is currently offline Ahmed ZakariaFriend
Hello,
I'm fairly new to RCP development; I just started developing my first RCP application yesterday. My question is this, is there a smart way to develop an RCP application that has all the basic eclipse functionalities in addition to the features I want to add? Because when I looked around it seems like the only possible way to do this is to develop an RCP application from scratch and then add the needed features/plug-ins to it one by one.

Thanks in advance and sorry if it's an amateur question.
Re: RCP application with basic eclipse features [message #1733869 is a reply to message #1733823] Wed, 01 June 2016 14:33 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Depends on what you mean by "basic eclipse functionalities". Everything in Eclipse is shipped as bundles and features. A feature is a group of bundles. There are two base features that include the base functionality for standard RCP apps using just the E4 layer (`org.eclipse.e4.rcp`) or the full E3.x RCP (`org.eclipse.rcp`). Then it's a matter to figure out which other bundles include the additional functionality you want to include. The Eclipse Plug-in Spies (Alt-Shift-F1 and Alt-Shift-F2), available from the `org.eclipse.pde.runtime` bundle, are particularly useful for finding the contributors of particular editors, views, and menu/toolbar items.

Brian.
Previous Topic:How to Customize Search Results View
Next Topic:Unable to start RCP Eclipse 4.4.2 application with Java 1.8 on Linux x86_64
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:36:51 GMT 2024