Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Deploy for Eclipse and Intelijj
Deploy for Eclipse and Intelijj [message #1733517] Sun, 29 May 2016 13:19 Go to next message
André RA is currently offline André RAFriend
Hello,

I recently developed a text editor using eclipse IDE and i deployed the plug-in using a update-site project and worked fine with eclipse.

But now i want to deploy the same project for Intellij. Its possibel?
Or can i create a new project in Eclipse and signal the purpose of the project is for eclipse and intellij ?

Because the main reason is the maintenance of the text editor. I dont want to have two different project for each IDE. I want something that i can change in only one place and work for both IDEs.

Thank you,
Re: Deploy for Eclipse and Intelijj [message #1733693 is a reply to message #1733517] Tue, 31 May 2016 06:08 Go to previous message
Anton Kosyakov is currently offline Anton KosyakovFriend
Hi,

You need to use Xtext wizard again to create a language that supports IntelliJ and Eclipse and then copy over the existing implementation to it.

Language services, like parser, generator, compiler, etc. should go to the runtime project. UI services that are independent from IDE should go to the ide project. This project should not use Eclipse or IntelliJ libraries. In that way you can reuse service from runtime and ide projects in Eclipse and IntelliJ. Read more about the project layout here: http://typefox.io/xtexts-new-generator.

Regards,
Atnon

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io.

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2016 06:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Gradle RunIdea task error
Next Topic:Create Rodin project from Xtend for my DSL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:24:28 GMT 2024