Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » Building linuxtools
Building linuxtools [message #1733413] Fri, 27 May 2016 03:03 Go to next message
Vlad Dumitrescu is currently offline Vlad DumitrescuFriend
Hi!

I need to patch linuxtools (apply a gcov fix from the 5.0 branch to 4.2) and while I could build everything on master, I can't do it on stable-4.2, and I can't see what is wrong.

The complaint is that org.bouncycastle.bcprov is not found. I'm running "mvn compile verify -skipTests"

best regards,
Vlad
Re: Building linuxtools [message #1733466 is a reply to message #1733413] Fri, 27 May 2016 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roland Grunberg is currently offline Roland GrunbergFriend
Hi Vlad,

It should be possible to run everything with 'mvn verify -DskipTests' as you've described from the top-level pom on stable-4.2. It's not possible with only 'compile' because certain Tycho plugins perform some things beyond that phase. I've even tried with the additional '-Dmaven.repo.local=$(pwd)/.m2' to ensure all remote artifacts (from maven or p2) are available and can be fetched. org.bouncycastle.bcprov would come from http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20150821153341/repository/ (See http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/R20150821153341/ for details), which is mentioned in releng/org.eclipse.linuxtools.target/linuxtools-e4.5.target.

Is there a more detailed error message regarding what id/version failed to resolve ? Are there other patches that modify pom files, or manifest files ?
Re: Building linuxtools [message #1733636 is a reply to message #1733466] Mon, 30 May 2016 14:40 Go to previous message
Vlad Dumitrescu is currently offline Vlad DumitrescuFriend
Hi Roland,

Thanks for the answer. I was trying with a clean clone of the repository. I'm not sure what went wrong, but after cleaning up .m2 and retrying several times, it finally went through. It probably had something to do with my environment. I might get more trouble when enabling the tests, but hopefully nothing serious.

best regards,
Vlad
Previous Topic:GCov plugin handling of linked resources and binutilites
Next Topic:Gcov: selecting binary
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:59:06 GMT 2024