Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Forms] Master Detail View invisible/does not show up
[EMF Forms] Master Detail View invisible/does not show up [message #1733210] Wed, 25 May 2016 12:44 Go to next message
Gerd  Wütherich is currently offline Gerd WütherichFriend
Hi,

currently I'm playing around a bit with EMF Forms and I'm pretty impressed! Good job! However, unfortunately I have some problems to get the master detail view working (that's the one I'm mostly interessted in).

What have I done?

Step 1:
- I installed a fresh instance of Mars.2 Modeling Edition,
- generated the makeithappen e4 demo projects and
- launched the e4 application
==> Everything works perfectly!

Step 2:
- Then I deleted all controls from the User.view model,
- added the Tree Master Detail Control,
- previewed the modified view (the master detail view is visible),
- added the "org.eclipse.emfforms.swt.treemasterdetail" bundle to the viewmodel bundle and to the product configuration and
- launched the e4 application
==> The applications starts without any error and the application panel shows up, but has no content (=no master detail view).

Do you have any idea what goes wrong here? Do I have to add some more bundles to the launch configuration?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Gerd
Re: [EMF Forms] Master Detail View invisible/does not show up [message #1733763 is a reply to message #1733210] Tue, 31 May 2016 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ramakrishnan PK is currently offline Ramakrishnan PKFriend
Hello Gerd,

is the org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.treemasterdetail.model bundle part of your runconfig?

Refer to discussion https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=494398

Regards,
Ram
Re: [EMF Forms] Master Detail View invisible/does not show up [message #1734081 is a reply to message #1733763] Fri, 03 June 2016 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugen Neufeld is currently offline Eugen NeufeldFriend
Hi Gerd,
yes you are probably missing the org.eclipse.emf.ecp.view.treemasterdetail.ui.swt bundle and its dependencies.
The bundle you added provides a TreeMasterDetail API which can be used to add a Tree with a detail pane which internally uses emfforms.
The naming is a bit confusing, we will fix this with the 2.0 release.

Cheers,
Eugen

--
Eugen Neufeld

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [EMF Forms] Master Detail View invisible/does not show up [message #1734102 is a reply to message #1733210] Fri, 03 June 2016 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ram, hi Eugen

thanks for the replies. I think I already tried this before I posted to this forum, but I'm not sure Wink.

However, I tried this now, but after adding the above-mentioned bundles to the launch configuration the application start fails immediately (unfortunately without any meaningful message). Again, removing the master-detail-view from the viewmodel fixes the problems, the other controls seem to work as expected.

After debugging a bit deeper to find the possible cause I discovered that the application starts fails due to an SWTError (org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles). You can catch the exception by setting a breakpoint at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor (line:65).

Should I open a bug report for this? Or is it an already known bug?

Again, thanks for your feedback!

Regards,
Gerd

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2016 19:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EMF Forms] Master Detail View invisible/does not show up [message #1734151 is a reply to message #1734102] Sun, 05 June 2016 09:36 Go to previous message
Hi,

the application starts fails because of an internal SWTError ("No more handles") that is caused by a recursion in TreeMasterDetailSWTRenderer.renderControl.

I filed a bug report (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=495480).

Cheers,
Gerd
Previous Topic:[Teneo] Support for not-found or custom data types
Next Topic:[ECP]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:35:00 GMT 2024