Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Validation Error Decorations do not show
Validation Error Decorations do not show [message #1733195] Wed, 25 May 2016 10:23 Go to next message
Kai Rosswag is currently offline Kai RosswagFriend
Hi all,

as the title says, the validation error decorations do not show up for me.
It works in the xml editor/the source view (the errors/hints do get annotated at the start of the line), but not in the graphical editor.

I am using a custom runtime extension (which doesn't do anything yet) and the bpmn2 project nature.

Did I forget to add something to my extension so the validator will work? I tried to follow the developer tutorials. There are also no error messages in the log.

If needed I will gladly provide additional information.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Validation Error Decorations do not show [message #1733333 is a reply to message #1733195] Thu, 26 May 2016 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hmm, that's odd. The BPMN2 validator, which is responsible for creating Problem records, should be invoked whenever you save a file, or if you click "Validate" on the context menu. Can you verify if BPMN2ProjectValidator.validate() is being called when you save/validate a file?
icon11.gif  Re: Validation Error Decorations do not show [message #1733435 is a reply to message #1733333] Fri, 27 May 2016 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Rosswag is currently offline Kai RosswagFriend
Thanks for your answer.
After going through the debugger on the validate method I found my error in the url:
platform:/resource//folder/diagram.bpmn

Hint: After resource there should only be one "/", the other one somehow sneaked in while assembling the url. Funny how that didn't really affect anything else..

Thanks again for your help Smile

Re: Validation Error Decorations do not show [message #1733491 is a reply to message #1733435] Sat, 28 May 2016 12:43 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Awesome Smile glad I was able to help.
Previous Topic:change color with code
Next Topic:Neon M2 build is not available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:18:53 GMT 2024