Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » prevent FORTE from tracing to syslog(FORTE fills syslog with lots of trace entries)
prevent FORTE from tracing to syslog [message #1733150] Tue, 24 May 2016 12:24 Go to next message
Herwig Eichler is currently offline Herwig EichlerFriend
Hi,

i have compiled FORTE for Raspberry Pi (Raspbian Jessie) target with LOGERROR flag instead of LOGDEBUG (which is the CMAKE default setting). FORTE is started as a systemd service at startup. As soon as I deploy an application, FORTE starts to trace every event to syslog (and to daemon.log due to the systemd configuration), which fills up my SD card completely in couple of hours.
Is there a way to prevent this continuous tracing and just trace out if an error happens?

thanks
Herwig
Re: prevent FORTE from tracing to syslog [message #1733155 is a reply to message #1733150] Tue, 24 May 2016 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Yes you can disable the flag FORTE_TRACE_EVENTS in CMake. You can find it in the advanced section.

In the latest FORTE source code this flag is disabled alreay per default. However if you have an old cmake configuration the old value is persisted.

Alois
Re: prevent FORTE from tracing to syslog [message #1733158 is a reply to message #1733155] Tue, 24 May 2016 13:34 Go to previous message
Herwig Eichler is currently offline Herwig EichlerFriend
Hi Alois,

thanks, found it!
I have attached a screenshot indicating the settings when using CMAKE GUI.

greetings
Herwig
Previous Topic:MQTT issues with FORTE running on Raspberry Pi
Next Topic:SubApp Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:52:45 GMT 2024