Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » [GEF4] GEF4/Zest graph in an SWT Composite?
[GEF4] GEF4/Zest graph in an SWT Composite? [message #1733123] Tue, 24 May 2016 14:53
Thomas Johnsson is currently offline Thomas JohnssonFriend
Hello,
I'm trying to migrate from GEF/Zest to GEF4/Zest in a profiling graph plugin. Our application consist of the Eclipse IDE workbench plus a bunch of external and own plugins, in particular a profiling graph viewer.
We have recently migrated the application to Eclipse Mars, and so it uses the E3 APIs via the compatibility mode.

So now I want to replace the old content of the profiling graph display, with a new graph built with GEF4/Zest.

My current headache is how to connect a GEF4/Zest graph to an SWT Composite to draw/paint in.
With the GEF/Zest api one can pass a (SWT) composite for the graph to be displayed in:

org.eclipse.zest.core.widgets.Graph.Graph(Composite parent, int style)

But how does one make a similar connection with the GEF4 apis?

Thanks in advance,
Thomas
Re: [GEF4] GEF4/Zest graph in an SWT Composite? [message #1733128 is a reply to message #1733123] Tue, 24 May 2016 08:55 Go to previous message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
On the level of controls, the integration between JavaFX and SWT is performed via an FXCanvasEx. As GEF4 Zest.FX is based on GEF4 MVC.FX, it re-uses its Eclipse UI integration on the viewer level. You might want to take a look into AbstractFXView (ZestFXUiView specializes it) to see (within createPartControl(Composite) and hookViewers()) how the InfiniteCanvas control of the Zest.FX/MVC.FX viewer is hooked into the Composite. Most easily, you can directly extend ZestFxUiView (and then only have to take care of providing an input Graph).
Previous Topic:Undo/Redo model property
Next Topic:Problem with hover feedback geometry with GEF4.0.0RC2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:07:27 GMT 2024