Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Need help setting up Eclipse(I R Newb)
Need help setting up Eclipse [message #1732898] Sun, 22 May 2016 05:17 Go to next message
Michael Roach is currently offline Michael RoachFriend
I have done some basic codding for Arduino a few years back. I am trying to learn C++ now.

Trying to get Eclipse set up so I can follow along with a series on YouTube.
Apparently I cannot link it.

I thought I was just going to be able to DL and install Eclipse and have it work out of the box. Silly me.

When I first tried to install it would not even run. It wanted a Java Development Kit so I added one of those and it launches now.

The tutorial required MinGW GCC which was not installed. Looked around and found one. Put in the basic package and now that shows up.

Started the first project but I am not getting the auto error detection feature at all. Tried google, not getting anywhere Sad

I notice at the bottom I get 4 errors on opening
Description Resource Path Location Type
Error launching external scanner info generator (g++ -E -P -v -dD C:/Users/Jarrod0987_2/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.cpp) FirstProject Unknown C/C++ Problem

I have no idea what any of this stuff means.

Also when I build and try to run the project I get an error about launch failed, binary not found.

I am so new I don't even know if this is all one missing thing I need to install or several. Please help. I wish these things would just work out of the box like regular programs Sad
Re: Need help setting up Eclipse [message #1732913 is a reply to message #1732898] Sun, 22 May 2016 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Never Mind. I got it working finally. Compilers default directory was not the right place.
Re: Need help setting up Eclipse [message #1733033 is a reply to message #1732913] Mon, 23 May 2016 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK so 95% of eclipse seems to be working right now. However, the debugger is giving me all kinds of errors. I tried to copy them but they just disappear when I click on them. They look like machine code.
Sometimes it will start to step through then crash. Other times it just won't start the process. I am too knew to even know what to ask.

Can someone tell me where to start reading to figure out how to fix the debugger? I would really like to have that feature to help me.

Thank You
Re: Need help setting up Eclipse [message #1733126 is a reply to message #1733033] Tue, 24 May 2016 08:26 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Start with some screen shots, since you can not select/copy the errors. But I suggest posting in the CDT (C/C++) forum group where those experts hang out. It can be found on the Forums home page, under the heading Language IDEs.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 May 2016 15:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Cucumber Exception
Next Topic:Intellisense not works
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:26:34 GMT 2024