Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Problem during Xtext migration and resolving @Data active annotations(Problem during Xtext migration and resolving @Data active annotations)
Problem during Xtext migration and resolving @Data active annotations [message #1732787] Fri, 20 May 2016 01:25 Go to next message
Srinivas MV is currently offline Srinivas MVFriend
I am trying to migrate Xtext 2.6.0 to Xtext 2.9.2 ..There are few artifacts in which uses @Data active annotations. For few @Data was able to resolve but for few
below error is thrown.

Problem while loading annotation processor: Problem during instantiation
of org.eclipse.xtend.lib.annotations.DataProcessor : unknown
protocol: sourcecontrol

Anything i am missing here ?

Thanks,
Srinivasa M.V
Re: Problem during Xtext migration and resolving @Data active annotations [message #1732790 is a reply to message #1732787] Fri, 20 May 2016 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Can you share a minimal reproducing example.
and make sure the classpath is consistent
and no old versions of org.eclpse.xtend.lib are floating arround

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Problem during Xtext migration and resolving @Data active annotations [message #1735111 is a reply to message #1732790] Wed, 15 June 2016 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the response,

In my workspace i don't have older version of Xtext and also the class path is correct.

Problem : Problem while loading annotation processor: Problem during instantiation of org.eclipse.xtend.lib.annotations.DataProcessor : unknown
protocol: sourcecontrol

I hacked into the xtend ide code to check how it resolve the class path urls some how it was throwing java.net.MalformedURLException for the plugins which are part of the sourcecontrol

Ex : sourcecontrol:///default/org.xtex.migrate.text/lib/x-x-x-x.jar

Exception is the thrown when the JdtBasedProcessorProvider tries to collectClasspathURLs for a plugin with external jars which are part of the source control fails to convert to the actual URL

case IClasspathEntry.CPE_LIBRARY: {
var IPath path = entry.getPath()

val IResource library = projectToUse.workspaceRoot.findMember(path)
url = if (library != null) {
library.rawLocationURI.toURL
} else {
// otherwise we use the path itself
path.toFile().toURI().toURL()
}

How such a ClassPathUrls will be resolved when it is part of source control in Xtend? .. Is it potential bug in Xtend in resolving plugins with external jars and part of source control ??

Regards,
SrinIvas M.V
Re: Problem during Xtext migration and resolving @Data active annotations [message #1735117 is a reply to message #1735111] Wed, 15 June 2016 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but where does the Ex : sourcecontrol:///default/org.xtex.migrate.text/lib/x-x-x-x.jar come from?

how is this migrate.xtext incorporated with your project?

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2016 16:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem during Xtext migration and resolving @Data active annotations [message #1735173 is a reply to message #1735117] Thu, 16 June 2016 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Consider Plugin A and Plugin org.xtext.migrate.text which is part of the source control Ex : Jazz/SVN and Plugin A depends on org.xtext.migrate.text which has external jars part of this plugin.

-> In Plugin A i am creating a simple xtend file . Lets say Person class with active annotations @Accesors

This is my setup in workspace .. which is unable to process the active annotations as explained before.

Re: Problem during Xtext migration and resolving @Data active annotations [message #1735178 is a reply to message #1735173] Thu, 16 June 2016 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i still dont get the point. Jazz/SVN seems to put some strange uris on the classpath of the eclipse project doers it ?!?
actually xtend should be able to process these resources - but as said before i have no idea what Jazz/SVN actually does.
i would expect collectClasspathURLs delegating to jdt and Jazz/SVN properly tell jdt what to do

Re: Problem during Xtext migration and resolving @Data active annotations [message #1735233 is a reply to message #1735178] Thu, 16 June 2016 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes source control put some strange uri . Currently with xtend 2.9.2 its unable to process these resources ..
Re: Problem during Xtext migration and resolving @Data active annotations [message #1745408 is a reply to message #1735233] Mon, 10 October 2016 12:15 Go to previous message
i have created this issue: https://github.com/eclipse/xtext-xtend/issues/50

Previous Topic:error expand
Next Topic:Understanding Xtext syntax
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:09:56 GMT 2024