Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Packages required to built-in xtext inside eclipse plugin(Packages required to built-in xtext inside eclipse plugin)
Packages required to built-in xtext inside eclipse plugin [message #1732490] Tue, 17 May 2016 15:48 Go to next message
RamaRao Nandamuri is currently offline RamaRao NandamuriFriend
Hi,

I have create xtext project and created feature project with all xtext artifacts.

But to run mydsl editor on any system I need to install xtext plugin externally then only mydsl editor works.

So I don't want to install xtext externally I want to provide xtext sdk along with my plugin. I tried adding so many packages comes with xtext inside my plugin but no luck. Can anyone tell what all the packages i need to bind inside my plugin? To work individually without xtext installation?
Re: Packages required to built-in xtext inside eclipse plugin [message #1732541 is a reply to message #1732490] Wed, 18 May 2016 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

I'm not completely understanding this request.

It should be clear that you should not try to repackage Xtext in your plugin. I'm not sure if you are trying to do this.

I propose that you should create a (self-contained) p2 repository which contains your feature and all dependent plugins. p2 will take care that you bundle all necessary stuff into it.

From this repository you could install the editor to any Eclipse product.

BR,
~Karsten
Re: Packages required to built-in xtext inside eclipse plugin [message #1732561 is a reply to message #1732541] Wed, 18 May 2016 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So if I add p2 repository in my plugin then without installing xtext plugin will it wok on any eclipse IDE?
Re: Packages required to built-in xtext inside eclipse plugin [message #1732571 is a reply to message #1732561] Wed, 18 May 2016 10:30 Go to previous message
Hi I am using xtext 2.9.2.

I have done with my xtext grammar. I want to create xtext plugin that can be installed on any ide without installing xtext.

I have created a feature project and select all the artifactss generated by xtext. But if install the plugin on any other system it is showing "required bundle..........." error. If I install xtext it is not showing error. I want to include xtext sdk in my plugin. But I don't know how to do it. Could you please explain?
Previous Topic:Support two different grammars in eclipse
Next Topic:Resolving variables from an external source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:49:07 GMT 2024