Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » InfiniteCanvas scrollbars
InfiniteCanvas scrollbars [message #1732397] Mon, 16 May 2016 20:44 Go to next message
Colin Sharples is currently offline Colin SharplesFriend

I have an FXViewer with large contents, so the scrollbars on the InfiniteCanvas need to be shown - I set the scroll bar policies to ALWAYS for both.

The scroll bar thumbs appear to respond to mouse events, though, which seems a bit odd. That is, if you manually click and drag on the scroll bar thumb, you will see the mouse events go through underneath the thumb and affect whatever parts are underneath. As you drag, if you move the mouse in towards the centre of the canvas, you will see the marquee outline.

This doesn't seem right. Moving the scrollbar thumb should not change the selection in the canvas - it doesn't happen if you use the scroll wheel or arrow keys to pan around. I'm guessing that the scrollbar is not consuming the mouse events so they end up looking through the other parts.

Is this intentional, or a bug? If intentional, I presume it means that I have my selection policy at the wrong place (although I just followed the Logo example for that).

Colin Sharples
CTG Games Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Re: InfiniteCanvas scrollbars [message #1732435 is a reply to message #1732397] Tue, 17 May 2016 11:00 Go to previous message
Matthias Wienand is currently offline Matthias WienandFriend
Hi Colin,

this is indeed a bug, thank you for the input. I reported the issue as bug #493773 [1]. Some time ago we evaluated if events that are already consumed should be processed by policies at all. But all JavaFX controls consume mouse events, i.e. ignoring all consumed events would make it impossible to use interaction policies on JavaFX controls. However, mouse events that originated from the scrollbars should not be processed until we find a proper mechanism to disable processing of certain events.

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=493773
Previous Topic:Creating parts
Next Topic:Selection of elements in GEF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:45:24 GMT 2024