Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Creating custom product/site/repository
Creating custom product/site/repository [message #1732302] Sun, 15 May 2016 10:31
Daniel Giron is currently offline Daniel GironFriend
Hello,
I am trying to deploy the newish SAP ABAP in Eclipse plugins to an Eclipse installation. These plugins come in a handy Zip file that contains a full repository, and thus it's easy to install... except for some dependencies that are not included.

The major block in this installation is that our Development computers can't get the missing dependencies from Eclipse update sites on the internet.

So I tried to go in several directions to resolve this issue:
1. Download the required .jar files and "just install them". This turned out to be trickier - maybe someone who's experienced with such issues can advise me on how to discover which "plugin" and which "feature" jar files I need to get, where to put them, and how to let Eclipse install them.
2. Create a new P2 update site and bundle the required features in it. I've seen someone do it with their own "feature"s, and followed their advice in creating a new "Update Site" project in Eclipse. Then, as instructed, I tried to "Add Feature". This leads to an empty list of features - clearly it doesn't show me the features that are already installed.
Maybe this is a good direction to take, can someone direct me on how to see all features in that list?
3. Use b3 aggregator to create a repository. Here I got stumped by too many unfamiliar concepts in the documentation page, and the numerous runtime errors that plagued the use of this plugin.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Daniel
Previous Topic:Any plans to support DS 1.3 in Equinox
Next Topic:!MESSAGE [SCR] Method was not found:
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:29:14 GMT 2024