Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Hirarchical grouping for unstaged files(Improvement of unstaged view box)
Hirarchical grouping for unstaged files [message #1731793] Tue, 10 May 2016 08:22 Go to next message
Stefan Ionescu is currently offline Stefan IonescuFriend
Hello,
i would like to ask for a much needed improvement that is to allow the files listed in the unstaged (and also maybe in the indexed) view to be grouped by packages by an hirarchical view.

We often have a hell lot of unstaged files by autogenerated code and backporting stuff. While the autogenerated code must not be added to the index it pollutes the unstaged area.

It is nearly impossible to reliable find the files that you want to add to index in that mess of a view. It was already annoying while only few files were in the unstaged area but it is unbearable with many ones. I wonder why till now no one ever had the idea to improve that.

So i would like to ask you maybe to add such a feature. That would make life sooooooo much easier.

Thank you!
A User
Re: Hirarchical grouping for unstaged files [message #1731870 is a reply to message #1731793] Tue, 10 May 2016 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ulrich Wielant is currently offline Ulrich WielantFriend
Maybe there are two solutions:

• Add all autogenerated files to your .gitignore file. This is applicable if your autogenerated file names follow a specific pattern or all of the autogenerated files are stored in specific directories.
  • Use Git Staging Menu -> Presentation -> Tree. This switches to a hierarchical view of the files.

Re: Hirarchical grouping for unstaged files [message #1731872 is a reply to message #1731870] Tue, 10 May 2016 15:21 Go to previous message
Stefan Ionescu is currently offline Stefan IonescuFriend
Ulrich Wielant wrote on Tue, 10 May 2016 15:03

[*] Use Git Staging Menu -> Presentation -> Tree. This switches to a hierarchical view of the files.

THAT is what i was looking for. Oh man, took me 10 minutes to find that menu Sad

Thank you very very much!

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2016 15:22]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Git index locking problem
Next Topic:Missing extension points schema in EGit releases
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:17:09 GMT 2024