Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » From PowerBuilder to KDM
From PowerBuilder to KDM [message #1731567] Fri, 06 May 2016 20:30 Go to next message
dario urena is currently offline dario urenaFriend
Hi,

As a Master's project I'm building a Model transformer from Powerbuilder language to KDM model using Modisco. The main approach is based on the 3 phases transformation described in paper i've found from Kiel University.

After creating the basic parser in ANTLR for Powerscript ( the language used to create apps in Powerbuilder) as there was nothing, I've reached to the point of implementing the model transformer.

Powerbuilder programs structure is different form normal programming languages. Each application is described by two main files:
PBT files; which contains the application name/descriptor, the main binary library to be generated and all the sublibraries that compose it.

PBG files; which describe the list of objects that compose each binary sublibraries.

And it is formed using 6 structural objects:
Menu objects ( Yes, view objects have also control code :-0 )
Window objects ; containers of other objects which show the data.
DataWindow objects ; a kind of "control" object that are contained in a window and have the logic.
Function objects ; which are used by datawindows and objects that heritage from them.
Global function objects
Structure objects; structures that define data objects.

As you see, It's not the normal language. So now that I'm trying to generate each KDM Diagram , this is crazy.

Is there anyone that could help me mapping this structure to KDM objects?

I don't know if using ClassUnits it's ok for objects, or should be extended objects from the pre-defined types? Are "PBx" files PackageClass or CodeAssembly?

Thxxx
Re: From PowerBuilder to KDM [message #1731735 is a reply to message #1731567] Mon, 09 May 2016 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

I don't really know about Powerbuilder so I cannot really help you on what is the proper conceptual mapping to specify between Powerbuilder and KDM.
I guess this is also the main purpose of your Master project Smile

Have you taken a look to the other concepts provided by the KDM Code package?
And have you taken a look to other KDM packages (than the Code one)?
The KDM metamodel is quite rich so you may be able to find what you need by exploring it more deeply.

Kind regards,

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Re: From PowerBuilder to KDM [message #1732867 is a reply to message #1731735] Sat, 21 May 2016 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dario urena is currently offline dario urenaFriend
Hi Hugo,

Mapping objects is one of the points, but the problem I get is that there is not many examples and the ones I've found doesn't give enough info to map the language I'm working with.
Right now my "main" doubt is How could I represent an object that contains the info of relations between libraries/packages in order to create an executable? I've found no representation of CodeAssembly as a container of several nested PackageUnit. Would it be correct If I do that?

Best Regards,
Re: From PowerBuilder to KDM [message #1732946 is a reply to message #1732867] Mon, 23 May 2016 09:49 Go to previous message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hi,

We currently don't provide other examples in MoDisco than the ones you can automatically get by reverse engineering Java projects.
I would encourage you to also go through the specifications of KDM for getting more insights/descriptions on its different concepts.

Kind regards,

Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Previous Topic:get the main thread from java model
Next Topic:Parsing JSP to KDM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:24:44 GMT 2024