Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Mars 2 splash screen closes and cannot proceed.(Eclipse Mars 2 splash screen closes and cannot proceed.)
icon8.gif  Eclipse Mars 2 splash screen closes and cannot proceed. [message #1731505] Fri, 06 May 2016 10:10 Go to next message
James Lee is currently offline James LeeFriend
Hi, I am having problem getting eclipse to start as the eclipse splash screen fires up and closes. I am using the following eclipse version

1. Eclipse Mars 2
2. Ubuntu 16.04

Below is the console log that is captured.

$ ./eclipse
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration: The org.eclipse.m2e.logback.configuration bundle was activated before the state location was initialized. Will retry after the state location is initialized.

I have already tried doing the following , but without success eg cannot startup eclipse.
1. Setting --launcher.GTK_version 2 (within eclipse.ini)

Any advice is appreciated.

[Updated on: Sun, 08 May 2016 14:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Mars 2 splash screen closes and cannot proceed. [message #1731680 is a reply to message #1731505] Mon, 09 May 2016 08:35 Go to previous message
Diamantis Karagkiaouris is currently offline Diamantis KaragkiaourisFriend
Hello,

This is not very helpful for further investigation. Could you please check if Oracle or Openjdk is in your PATH in bash script? Also could you please check if GTK+3 or GTK+2 is installed?

Kind Regards
Previous Topic:Java Access Remote MySQL Database - JDBC or ODBC ?
Next Topic:Source code print margin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:44:25 GMT 2024