Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Copying Eclipse Project(import javax.servlet errors)
Copying Eclipse Project [message #1731380] Wed, 04 May 2016 18:12 Go to next message
George Racin is currently offline George RacinFriend
Trying to copy working Servlet project to 2nd computer. Copied folder, created workspace, Selected File/Import, then General/project into workspace.
Copying process seemed to work, but when I look at the project under Project Explorer, it shows errors for "import javax.servlet."
I am not sure why it would flag anything, since it was working fine in the other computer, and I have developed Dynamic Web Apps on this 2nd computer, so it should have all of the links.
Re: Copying Eclipse Project [message #1731389 is a reply to message #1731380] Wed, 04 May 2016 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently online Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

That package comes from your project's targeted server runtime, and odds are that it's not in the same place on this machine as the original, if it's present at all. Update the list of installed servers and then update the project.
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.wst.server.ui.doc.user%2Ftopics%2Ftwinstprf.html
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/topic/org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.doc.user/topics/twmanage.html?cp=78_4_0_7

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Copying Eclipse Project [message #1731399 is a reply to message #1731389] Thu, 05 May 2016 00:10 Go to previous message
George Racin is currently offline George RacinFriend
OK, I will try that.

But the bigger question to me is why is it so hard to copy a Project from one computer to another? It seems like Eclipse should have everything it needs in the Project folder. (I think it is easier to just build the Project from scratch rather than trying to fill in the missing pieces).
Previous Topic:Eclipse 2 download every time I open Eclipse
Next Topic: [MAC OS X]FLTK C++ Compilation Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:44:57 GMT 2024