Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » How to launch web editor from eclipse?
How to launch web editor from eclipse? [message #1730778] Thu, 28 April 2016 12:20 Go to next message
Scott Finnie is currently offline Scott FinnieFriend
This may well be dumb question of the day.

I have a project in xtext 2.9.2. I can spin up the runtime eclipse instance as usual (run as->Eclipse Application).

I can't find out how to run the web editor. Googling only shows up how to do it for intellij via gradle.

Am I missing something? It's possible I forgot to tick a box at project creation; is there any way (a) to find out, and (b) if so to add retrospectively?

Thanks.
Re: How to launch web editor from eclipse? [message #1730780 is a reply to message #1730778] Thu, 28 April 2016 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi,

you can use maven or gradle or simply run the generated ServerLauncher main class

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: How to launch web editor from eclipse? [message #1730783 is a reply to message #1730780] Thu, 28 April 2016 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Quote:
you can use maven or gradle or simply run the generated ServerLauncher main class

I can't find a ServerLauncher class. Do I need to configure the workflow (mwe2) to generate it?

Thanks.
Re: How to launch web editor from eclipse? [message #1730786 is a reply to message #1730783] Thu, 28 April 2016 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
No it will be generated by the xtext generator inside the web project

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: How to launch web editor from eclipse? [message #1730793 is a reply to message #1730778] Thu, 28 April 2016 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miro Spönemann is currently offline Miro SpönemannFriend

Scott Finnie wrote on Thu, 28 April 2016 12:20

Am I missing something? It's possible I forgot to tick a box at project creation; is there any way (a) to find out, and (b) if so to add retrospectively?

If you don't have a project ending with .web in your workspace, it means you forgot to tick the "Web Integration" box in the project creation wizard. If you do that, you'll have to choose Maven or Gradle as build systems, both of which will include tasks for running the example server.

If you have a proper IDE integration for the chosen build system, e.g. Buildship for Gradle, you can simply run the ServerLauncher with Run As -> Java Application.
Re: How to launch web editor from eclipse? [message #1730816 is a reply to message #1730793] Thu, 28 April 2016 16:43 Go to previous message
Quote:
If you don't have a project ending with .web in your workspace, it means you forgot to tick the "Web Integration" box in the project creation wizard.

Ah - thanks Miro, That explains it.
Previous Topic:Xtext eclipse plugin
Next Topic:How to get type of generic arguments of inferred type?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:08:00 GMT 2024