Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Problems running FORTE in raspberry pi
Problems running FORTE in raspberry pi [message #1730457] Mon, 25 April 2016 23:52 Go to next message
Aranya Sarkar is currently offline Aranya SarkarFriend
Hello,

I have been trying to build in raspberry pi but I am meeting with few problems while doing so. When I am trying to run the cmake-i ../.. command, it is not supported anymore. So, I have installed cmake-curses-gui and then tried cmake-gui. But, again, it is saying that cmake-gui command not found. Previously I have run sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. What can I do more to resolve this? Is there any other way I can execute this step?

Regards,
Aranya
Re: Problems running FORTE in raspberry pi [message #1730577 is a reply to message #1730457] Tue, 26 April 2016 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hello,

We are aware of that Cmake -i is not working anymore and we hope to soon have better docs for it.

I think currently the fasted way to get a working compile setup for FORTE on a RASPI is to just invoke the setup_posix.sh shellscript in the main directory of FORTE. This should setup the build infrastructure in the subdirectory bin/posix and there you can invoke make all. If you want to add or remove modules you can open there the file CMakeCache.txt and edit the FORTE options by hand.

Another option is to setup a crosscompiling enviornment on your development pc. However this requires some knowledge of crosscompling.

Cheers,
Alois
Re: Problems running FORTE in raspberry pi [message #1730655 is a reply to message #1730577] Wed, 27 April 2016 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aranya Sarkar is currently offline Aranya SarkarFriend
Hey,

Its working now. Thanks a lot for your help. Smile

Cheers
Aranya
Re: Problems running FORTE in raspberry pi [message #1730707 is a reply to message #1730655] Wed, 27 April 2016 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Great! You are welcome!
Alois
Re: Problems running FORTE in raspberry pi [message #1732278 is a reply to message #1730457] Sat, 14 May 2016 12:47 Go to previous message
Manuel Parfant is currently offline Manuel ParfantFriend
I had the same problem on Raspbian Jessie. I use cmake-curses-gui instead.

sudo apt-get install cmake cmake-curses-gui

cd forte
chmod +x setup_posix.sh
./setup_posix.sh

cd ~/forte/bin/posix
ccmake ../..

make
Previous Topic:E_DELAY
Next Topic:understanding when to use converter function blocks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:42:35 GMT 2024