Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » JGIT git dissociate(Existing support for git dissociate?)
JGIT git dissociate [message #1730259] Fri, 22 April 2016 18:55 Go to next message
Patrick-Jeffrey Pollo Guilbert is currently offline Patrick-Jeffrey Pollo GuilbertFriend
Hi,

Does JGIT support git clone --dissociate ? This allows you to clone a project to another place using existing objects from another clone. For instance, let's say I have project A cloned somewhere. I want to make a new clone for another workspace but I do not want to clone it using Internet bandwidth. The eclipse installer uses JGIT for its git tasks, and one of them is cloning a repo, where you can select an existing repo on your local machine. Unfortunately, this will only link the repo to the other repo, thus having two workspaces working on one repo. Dissociate would allow to have the latest changes from the remote repo, while still limiting object transfers. See this bug for more information : https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=468100

A simple copy would not work in this case, as sometimes the repo source is not up-to-date, and we may not want to copy its changes too.

BR,

Patrick
Re: JGIT git dissociate [message #1730582 is a reply to message #1730259] Tue, 26 April 2016 21:21 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
No, this isn't yet supported.

There is some support for alternate object directories:
RepositoryBuilder.addAlternateObjectDirectories() allows to set alternate object directories.
Though I didn't try this myself.
Previous Topic:eGit Install on CF Builder 3
Next Topic:Calculate file path to local GIT repository with EGit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:46:44 GMT 2024