Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Mars g++ erros(Eclipse shows errors)
Mars g++ erros [message #1730161] Thu, 21 April 2016 23:16 Go to next message
Daniel Kolbach is currently offline Daniel KolbachFriend
I spend several hours trying to figure out this problem, I looked on google and tried several advises but got no where.
I have installed eclipse for Arduino before and I love the IDE, so I decided to install eclipse for C++ and dump my Visual studio that was due for renewal. In any case i downloaded eclipse mars.2. I tried to run the "hello world" program and i got 2 errors "Program "g++" not found in PATH", same thing for gcc. I added the directory where MinGw is located to the windows path. From the command prompt i can g++, getting a message that it was aborted because didn't put a file name. I added the variable PATH with the MinGW directory. Don't know what else to do.
Thanks for the help.
Re: Mars g++ erros [message #1730572 is a reply to message #1730161] Tue, 26 April 2016 18:32 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
I guess that you're running Eclipse under some version of Windows.

The Eclipse C/C++ IDE does not contain a C/C++ compiler and associated tools. It is tuned to the GNU toolset (gcc, g++ and binutils), which are available for Windows as MinGW or Cygwin packages. The packages contain also Unix-style command-line tools needed.

Please Google for MinGW, download it, and install it with the MSYS package. There are good instructions at <http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Getting_Started>.

The Eclipse CDT instructions tell how to set up the MinGW installation with Eclipse.

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:How to use CDT for name resolution ?
Next Topic:Nothing to build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:32:14 GMT 2024