Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » where to ask questions concerning tycho
where to ask questions concerning tycho [message #1730158] Thu, 21 April 2016 21:00 Go to next message
Daniel Mising name is currently offline Daniel Mising nameFriend
Hi @all,

i was searching eclipse forums for tycho related postings but most answers were widely spread over many subforums and mostly in relation to the specific project of subforum the question was posted in.

which subforum would/should i post in if i would like to ask questions concerning general / existing tycho buildstructure. e.g. the project i tried to learn from is configured to use kepler as the target platform and tycho version 0.20.0.

i gladly succeeded to update this configuration to use tycho 0.25.0 and mars 4.5.2 as the target platform.

i updated the target definition file to the following content and it seemingly worked out well in combination with some other changes.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<?pde version="3.8"?>
<target name="mars" sequenceNumber="-1">
<locations>
<location includeAllPlatforms="false" includeConfigurePhase="true" includeMode="planner" includeSource="true" type="InstallableUnit">
<unit id="org.eclipse.sdk.ide" version="4.5.0.I20150603-2000"/>
<unit id="org.eclipse.equinox.executable.feature.group" version="3.6.200.v20150602-1417"/>
<repository location="http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars"/>
</location>
</locations>
</target>

The red marked values are currently of concern to me. I would like to know what would be the "knowledgeable" way to get the right values for a switch to neon targetplatform.

I am coming from a google search for "org.eclipse.equinox.executable.feature.group 4.5.2" which netted me some page containing the values you see above and it worked quite fine ... but i am currently clueless as to how i would find them myself but exactly that i would like to learn.

Where would i find the "right" values for e.g. neon/oxygen release target platform? Maybe inside a downloaded platform-SDK.zip? Browsing some update site? I have no clue.

Thank you for reading this far!
Daniel
Re: where to ask questions concerning tycho [message #1730262 is a reply to message #1730158] Fri, 22 April 2016 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
The Tycho project uses a mailing list for user support. See https://eclipse.org/tycho/support.php
Re: where to ask questions concerning tycho [message #1730483 is a reply to message #1730262] Tue, 26 April 2016 09:18 Go to previous message
Daniel Mising name is currently offline Daniel Mising nameFriend
Eric Rizzo wrote on Fri, 22 April 2016 21:30
The Tycho project uses a mailing list for user support. See https://eclipse.org/tycho/support.php

thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
Previous Topic:How to make my IDE tabs and windows looks squared?
Next Topic:[PyDev] win32com ImportError: DLL load failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:07:54 GMT 2024