Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Deploy Sirius project to an Eclipse RCP application (or other)
Deploy Sirius project to an Eclipse RCP application (or other) [message #1729859] Tue, 19 April 2016 15:53 Go to next message
Alx Hvx is currently offline Alx HvxFriend
Hi,

For the moment in my project I have to launch another runtime to create a new VSP and a new Model in order to create my diagrams (like in the tutorial)

I would like to know the best way to "deploy" my modeler to an application that the final can launch in just a click and where the diagram would be pre generated and instantly usable.

I've checked what you did in the Arduino project but I think that it is a bit too complicated for my use case, do you know a simple way to do that ?

Thanks.
Re: Deploy Sirius project to an Eclipse RCP application (or other) [message #1730050 is a reply to message #1729859] Thu, 21 April 2016 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julien Dupont is currently offline Julien DupontFriend
Hi,

To deploy your plugin as installable plugin you should follow this
procedure:
- Create a feature
- Create an Update site
- Export this update site

To create a feature, right click in the Model Explorer View menu
New/Other.../Plug-in Development/Feature Project
Add Metamodel (plug-in, plug-in.edit, plug-in.editor) and VSM (.odesign)

To create an Update Site right click in the Model Explorer View menu
New/Other.../Plug-in Development/Update Site Project
Add the feature created previously.
This action created a site.xml, right click on this and menu Plug in
Tools/Build Site. This action created directories feature and plugins
and 2 jars artifact and content.
To export this update site select the five elements (feature, plugins,
artifact.jar, content.jar ans site.xml) right click Explort and select
Archive File.
Warning: do not include the .project
Choose a repository destination and click on Finish.
The zip exported is an update site that you can install as an Eclipse
plugin.

These actions can do with maven tycho too, if you want automatised the
construction of update site. You can find more informations on
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Reference_Card

Regards,

--
Julien - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Deploy Sirius project to an Eclipse RCP application (or other) [message #1841597 is a reply to message #1729859] Fri, 21 May 2021 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marco Codazzi is currently offline Marco CodazziFriend
Hi,
I followed your instructions an I created un update site archive with the 5 elements you mentioned.
I added the archive from:

"Help"->"Install New Software..."->"Add"->"Archive"

but eclipse doesn't see my plugins. If a select my update side in "Work with" I have the error:

"No software site found at jar:file:/C:/myupdatesite.zip!/. Do you wish to edit the location?"

And in the list of plugins it's written:

"Could not find jar:file:/C:/myupdatesite.zip!/"

What can I do?
Re: Deploy Sirius project to an Eclipse RCP application (or other) [message #1841683 is a reply to message #1841597] Tue, 25 May 2021 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

This is more an Eclipse RCP question than a Sirius one, but it looks like some reference is missing if you have an empty update site.Can you check in your feature project, that in your .feature file, tab "included plug-ins", you have added all the plugin you want to package. Then in your update site projet, check that in the site.xml, you have added your feature project.

Best regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Deploy Sirius project to an Eclipse RCP application (or other) [message #1841781 is a reply to message #1841683] Fri, 28 May 2021 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marco Codazzi is currently offline Marco CodazziFriend
Yes I added the 4 plugins (model, model.edit, model.editor and VSP) to the feature project, then I added this feature to the updatesite.
The exported archive has the 4 jar of plugins in the plugin folder and the jar of feature in the features folder.
At the moment I'm able to install my plugins only copying the jar into the plugin folder of eclipse.
Re: Deploy Sirius project to an Eclipse RCP application (or other) [message #1849481 is a reply to message #1841781] Fri, 21 January 2022 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hongbin Xiao is currently offline Hongbin XiaoFriend
Can I have a video tutorial?
Re: Deploy Sirius project to an Eclipse RCP application (or other) [message #1863061 is a reply to message #1849481] Sat, 13 January 2024 09:42 Go to previous message
peppa nwpu is currently offline peppa nwpuFriend
请问你i解决这个问题了吗,我最近也需要将sirius项目发步出去,但是不知道怎么搞。

Have you solved this problem? I also need to publish the Sirius project recently, but I don't know how to do it.
Previous Topic:Edge alignment problem
Next Topic:Webinar: What's New and What's Next?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:58:13 GMT 2024