Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Problem migration from e3 to e4 - GEF and tabitem
Problem migration from e3 to e4 - GEF and tabitem [message #1729790] Tue, 19 April 2016 06:39 Go to next message
Martin Jedlicka is currently offline Martin JedlickaFriend
Hello,

I have a question regarding GEFu 3 an Eclipse 4.

I did migration of applications from Ecllipse 3.7 to 4.5 using Eclipse-compatible layers and I came across a problem in GEFu.

I have a drawing canvas (class GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette) on which I have TabPanel element (implemented using IFigure) with several tabs. In Outline see a list of tabs TabPanel and list of elements on each tab.

Behavior of an Eclipse 3.7 (GEF 3.7.2)
When I select any tab (TabPanel) in Outline, so is set to be active (even though they had been visible a different tab).
(see figure tab_e3.png)

Behavior of an Eclipse 4.5 (GEF 3.10.1)
When I select any tab (TabPanel) in Outline, nothing will happen. Selecting works only for the currently visible tab.
When I select any tab (TabPanel) in the Outline that on screen is not active, so active not set.
(see figure tab_e4.png)

I feel that the GEF version 3.10.1 does not set the active tab, where the tab is not visible (not pass check method isShowing () interface IFigure when calling applySelection in class SelectionSynchronizer).

Do you know where he might be the problem?

Thanks for any advice.

Martin
  • Attachment: tab_e3.png
    (Size: 10.85KB, Downloaded 257 times)
  • Attachment: tab_e4.png
    (Size: 10.69KB, Downloaded 449 times)
Re: Problem migration from e3 to e4 - GEF and tabitem [message #1731884 is a reply to message #1729790] Tue, 10 May 2016 15:58 Go to previous message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
I think you are affected by the changes we made in terms of https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=330859. You will probably have to overwrite isSelectable() within your EditParts to restore the old behavior.
Previous Topic:Drag And Drop on a view
Next Topic:Cut/Copy/Paste functionality in GEF Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:13:22 GMT 2024