Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » how to stop the debugger?(I have a simple Java app that calls a native C function. There is an error.)
how to stop the debugger? [message #1729515] Fri, 15 April 2016 02:51
Chuck Crisler is currently offline Chuck CrislerFriend
I am just starting to build my first real Java application and have a very simple Java main class that calls a native C function. I have compiled and linked the native library. When I try to debug the application I hit an instant error, before my breakpoint at the beginning of main() is hit, so it is probably a problem loading the library. However, once I start the debugger and it instantly suspends, the debugger seems to remain running forever, preventing me from making any changes to try to fix my mistake. The debug and run toolbar icons both report that the application is running and I can't get the java perspective back to the original form with the project explorer view displayed. A secondary problem is that the debugger can't find the source file that contains the class that is failing - Launcher$AppClassLoader() (I think), despite seeming to know the path to the JDK. How do it configure that information?

I am running on Fedora 23, using Mars.1, open jdk 1.8 something (I can't get back to find that information).

Thank you in advance,
Chuck Crisler
Previous Topic:refresh of links
Next Topic:Eclipse upgrade from 3.8.2 to 4.5.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:25:49 GMT 2024