Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Papyrus for Real Time » Unable to connect two ports inside top capsule(Unable to connect two ports inside top capsule)
icon4.gif  Unable to connect two ports inside top capsule [message #1729469] Thu, 14 April 2016 11:31 Go to next message
Vasanth Subramaniam is currently offline Vasanth SubramaniamFriend
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to papyrus, as an initial tutorial, I tried to follow the ping pong example which is available in the papyrus site.

I was able to reproduce the example for most of the steps but I am not able to connect the ports of the two capsules pinger and ponger inside the top capsule.

Please help me fix this issue.

Thanks in advance
Re: Unable to connect two ports inside top capsule [message #1729500 is a reply to message #1729469] Thu, 14 April 2016 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

From the image you included, it looks correct.

Could you please send me the version of Papyrus-RT you currently have" You can get the version from (Help -> Installation Details and look for the version of "Papyrus-RT Feature (Incubation).

Thanks!

/Charles Rivet
Re: Unable to connect two ports inside top capsule [message #1729536 is a reply to message #1729469] Fri, 15 April 2016 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Cigehn is currently offline Peter CigehnFriend
From your screen shot I can see that you for some reason have not got the correct diagram type. It looks like the standard UML composite structure diagram, and not the customized capsule structure diagram.

How did you install Papyrus-RT? Did you install using the Eclipse Installer as described here.

Or did you install it manually? I strongly recommend to use the Eclipse Installer, since then setting a few preferences to get the correct diagram type will be handled automatically.

If not, then I suggest that you take a look at this specific step in the manual installation instruction. If you have the viewpoint set correctly for UML-RT, then you should get a capsule structure diagram, of the correct type, created automatically whenever you create a capsule.

That on the other, does not really explain why cannot make a connector in this case (it should be possible even if you for some reason have gotten the wrong diagram type and have the standard UML composite structure diagram).

Apart from that I can also see that you are missing the "Real Time" tab in the properties view, which should show only the relevant properties for UML-RT, which also looks suspicious.

Considering this, I would strongly recommend that you use the Eclipse Installer as described via the link above and reinstall Papyrus-RT to ensure that you have correct setup.

/Peter Cigéhn
Re: Unable to connect two ports inside top capsule [message #1729800 is a reply to message #1729500] Tue, 19 April 2016 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Charles Rivet,

This the screenshot of what you have asked for.

Kindly take a look at it and suggest me a solution.

Thank you
Re: Unable to connect two ports inside top capsule [message #1729857 is a reply to message #1729800] Tue, 19 April 2016 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Hi Vasanth,

This conrfirms that you are running version 0.7.2.

Have you tried what Peter suggested?

/Charles Rivet
Re: Unable to connect two ports inside top capsule [message #1729910 is a reply to message #1729857] Wed, 20 April 2016 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Charles,

Yeah, I have tried what Peter had suggested but now I am getting an even worse error during the creation of protocol. Where the place to specify outgoing or incoming message is not accessible.

Please find the attached image.

Thank you
Re: Unable to connect two ports inside top capsule [message #1729956 is a reply to message #1729910] Wed, 20 April 2016 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Cigehn is currently offline Peter CigehnFriend
This is strange. Now the tab you show in the properties view is named "UMLRealTime" and placed at the bottom. The expected result is that it should be named "Real Time" and be placed at the top.

You say that you have followed the instructions for installing using the Eclipse Installer. But did you install anything additional after that? From what I can see in the screen shot you have an Acceleo perspective which I would not expect to be available if you only install according this this instruction. So you seem to have made some additional installation of components that are not installed when you follow those instructions. Also the fact that you also have the Java perspective active, indicates that the installation instructions have not been followed. If you follow the instructions then the switching to the Papyrus perspective is done automatically, so that would be the only active perspective.

I guess that to be able to trying to isolate what is going on here, you should follow those instructions and not install anything else at this point, since the name of the tab and the location of it is not what is expected.

Have you installed anything additional from Papyrus Extras? If you have installed something related to the UML RealTime profile from there, then you might have gotten the very old and initial version of the tooling for UML-RT; before it was moved to its own project Papyrus-RT. Especially if you happen to install the old UML RealTime profile from Papyrus Extras at the same time as installing from Papyrus-RT, is known to cause multiple strange issues. In Papyrus Neon the old UML RealTIme profile in Papyrus Extras has been removed to avoid this, but is unfortunately still available in Papyrus Mars.
Re: Unable to connect two ports inside top capsule [message #1730054 is a reply to message #1729956] Thu, 21 April 2016 07:57 Go to previous message
Hi Peter and Charles,

Thank you very much, guys . I have re-installed the papyrus and everything is working fine.

Previous Topic:code error for "choice" in SMD
Next Topic:send and read signal parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:47:30 GMT 2024