Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » SysML State Machine Problem(Send Action and Accept Event Action)
SysML State Machine Problem [message #1729281] Tue, 12 April 2016 14:18 Go to next message
David Arndt is currently offline David ArndtFriend
Hello everybody,

I'm new at modelling with Papyrus and I have the following Problem.
I'm modelling a present Model (made in IBM Rhapsody) in Papyrus (SysML). Now I want to create a State Machine Diagramm to describe the behaviour of a block in a BDD. The Problem is, there is no Element for Sending or Accept Event Actions (wich is basically necessary for describing the behaviour). I can find These Elemnts in Activity Diagramm but not in State Machine where I Need them.

My questions are:
Can I add These elements so I can use them in state machine Diagramm?
And why are these elements not there? In SysML Standard you use them in state machines.

Best regards and thanks for help
David
Re: SysML State Machine Problem [message #1729301 is a reply to message #1729281] Tue, 12 April 2016 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raphael Faudou is currently offline Raphael FaudouFriend
Hi David,

Concerning AcceptEventAction, it is used to block behavior waiting for a given kind of event. With state machine you formalize that with a trigger associated to an event and that starts a transition (either external - between two states - or internal or local to a state).

Concerning sendSignalAction, that is true that it is helpful to get it in state machine but this is not mandatory in the UML/SysML specification (as far as I remember). You can achieve that with defining a behaviour activity associated to the effect of your transition or on onEntry, OnExit, DoActivity or any internal transition and by putting the SendSignalAction in that activity.

Hope it helps
best
raphaël
Re: SysML State Machine Problem [message #1729367 is a reply to message #1729301] Wed, 13 April 2016 12:50 Go to previous message
David Arndt is currently offline David ArndtFriend
Ok thank you that helped!

But now I have the Problem... How do I realize this in Papyrus? I'm pretty confused about how to put the SendSignalAction in an Activity in Transitions.

I've uploaded a Screenshot of the Activity-Creating Menu of Papyrus. Can someone give me some explanations about it?

Best Regards
David
Previous Topic:Update site times out?
Next Topic:Info on ElementTypeConfiguration Framework v2?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:53:09 GMT 2024