Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Handling Hardware Interrupts(Interrupt Handling)
Handling Hardware Interrupts [message #1729261] Tue, 12 April 2016 13:03 Go to next message
yuvaraj velumani is currently offline yuvaraj velumaniFriend
Hi,

As the IEC-61499 standard works on event based technique. I need to understand how the system design should be carried out when it has several hardware interrupts like GPIO, UART, DMA, Software-reset, etc. Typically I assume all these are data source (correct me if I am wrong !!).

How does forte handles these interrupts and what should be done by the user on process interface.

Does all the interrupt Service Routines should be part of process interface?
Re: Handling Hardware Interrupts [message #1729316 is a reply to message #1729261] Tue, 12 April 2016 21:37 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

this strongly depends what the hardware interrupts are intended to provide to the IEC 61499 application world. If you are intending to access and use them as I/Os the process interface is definitly the starting point. However I'm not sure if this is the case for UART and DMA. Sometimes also selfdeveloped special SIFBs are the better option.

However in all cases you will need to write External Event handlers for each interrupt resource. the external event handler normally maintains a list of components that would like to be informed on certain interrupts. On the occurrence of an interrupt an external event handler will go through this list and depending on for example interrupt data activate the appropriate component. Mostly such a component will be a FB. However for communication intterupts (e.g., UART) it can also be that a communication layer is the entity to be activated. Please have a look on the communication documentation in the 4DIAC docs.
Previous Topic:setting a static variable in structured text
Next Topic:Running and Debugging single BFB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 05:01:38 GMT 2024