Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Read conf files in binding(Read configurations files defined in conf folder)
Read conf files in binding [message #1729198] Tue, 12 April 2016 06:35 Go to next message
Harsh Choudhary is currently offline Harsh ChoudharyFriend
Hi

I know there is a ConfigurationAdmin OSGi service which can tell the properties defined in configuration files present in conf folder.

I want to read configuration in initialize() method of my binding. I do not want to register this as a separate service. Please help me achieving this goal.
Re: Read conf files in binding [message #1730096 is a reply to message #1729198] Thu, 21 April 2016 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
You cannot directly get them in ThingHandler.initialize(), but you can get such configuration in the HandlerFactory.activate(). The Sonos binding does exactly that, see https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/blob/master/extensions/binding/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos/src/main/java/org/eclipse/smarthome/binding/sonos/internal/SonosHandlerFactory.java#L53 and https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/blob/master/extensions/binding/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.sonos/ESH-INF/binding/binding.xml#L11.
Re: Read conf files in binding [message #1730186 is a reply to message #1730096] Fri, 22 April 2016 07:29 Go to previous message
Harsh Choudhary is currently offline Harsh ChoudharyFriend
That's great. Thanks.
Previous Topic:option list for a parameter doe not show values
Next Topic:PersistenceService
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:12:08 GMT 2024