Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » option list for a parameter doe not show values(Problem with the options of a parameter in xml configuration)
option list for a parameter doe not show values [message #1729159] Mon, 11 April 2016 15:34 Go to next message
Christian Poisel is currently offline Christian PoiselFriend
Hello,

i'm using PLC for the control of my lights for several years and developed a java library to do some automation.
As soon as i discovered OpenHAB i knew it was what i needed for my next step. The only problem was the missing phasecoupler support in the plcbus addon.
As the 2nd Beta of OpenHAB 2 had allready been released i started with the development of OpenHAB 2 addon.
First i refactored my existing code and then tried to integrate it into the addon. The documentation and some study of existing code (lutron and avmfritz) helped a lot and within three evenings of work i thought i was prepared for a first test.
But now i'm stuck with the options of my serial port speed:

I want to show a list of baudrates typically used on serial lines like this:

value text presented in the gui
300 300 Baud
1200 1200 Baud
2400 2400 Baud
4800 4800 Baud
9600 9600 Baud
19200 19200 Baud
38400 38400 Baud
57600 57600 Baud
115200 115200 Baud

Yes, i too don't know anybody still using 300 baud lines, but as i want to restrict the input to predefined values it does no harm if it is there.

I started with an int-valued speed parameter and after looking into avmfritz discovered a text-based optionlist they use for the protocol. So i changed the value to text and added some code to parse it to an int. The result was allways the same: a selection list opened which obviously held several entries that i was able to select, but no text was shown at all.

I have attached all files from my ESH-INF subdirectories as i assume the bug must be somewhere in there. Please tell me if you need more information. It is no problem to post all the code as i'm the only author and i will contribute it anyway as soon as i have a chance to test it as a whole.

Thank you for your help.

Christian Poisel
Re: option list for a parameter doe not show values [message #1729169 is a reply to message #1729159] Mon, 11 April 2016 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Kaufmann is currently offline Simon KaufmannFriend
I think the
<context>interface</context>

in binding.xml is the problem here.

According to https://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/development/bindings/xml-reference.html#xml-structure-for-configuration-descriptions, it does not exist. What do you want to achieve with it? As it seems to me, you can omit it completely.

Btw: afaik it does not have to be a string, it should work with integers equally well... The zwave binding in openhab2-addons makes use of it, if you want to see an example.
Re: option list for a parameter doe not show values [message #1730100 is a reply to message #1729169] Thu, 21 April 2016 11:15 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Christian, can you confirm that it works now? I also remember some bugs in the Paper UI that were fixed regarding the support of integers in configuration options - so maybe it is worth a try to update to the latest build.
Previous Topic:Issue to implement a discovery service
Next Topic:Read conf files in binding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:15:36 GMT 2024