Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Accessibility for rows in Tree with SWT_CHECK style
Accessibility for rows in Tree with SWT_CHECK style [message #1729154] Mon, 11 April 2016 14:54
David Wootton is currently offline David WoottonFriend
I have a view that includes a single column Table widget that is created with the SWT_CHECK style. When I use the Jaws screen reader JAWS will read the label text for the current row in the tree and the checkbox state if I select the text for the table row. If I click the checkbox for a table row to toggle it's selection state, then the first time I do that, JAWS reads the new checkbox state (checked/not checked) and the label text for the row. If I click the same checkbox again, then JAWS just reads 'checked' or 'not checked', so I don't think the context of the checkbox is adequately described - all I know is a checkbox was toggled. I don't believe this conforms to accessibility standards.

Can you tell me what I should be doing in my code to establish the proper association between the checkbox and the label text? I tried adding an accessibility listener to the table widget but that just knows about the table widget itself. I looked at table cell editors, but that doesn't look like the right approach.

Thanks

Dave

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2016 14:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:o.e.s.widget.ToolTip: shown over dialogs, shown if the associated control is hidden.
Next Topic:Prevent tool tips from disappearing after fixed time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:42:36 GMT 2024