Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext Intellij integration
Xtext Intellij integration [message #1729130] Mon, 11 April 2016 11:35 Go to next message
Didier Didos is currently offline Didier DidosFriend
Hello,

I have a Xtext grammar running with Xtext 2.9.1.
I'm able to use it with eclipe and with Intellij (it seems).

But, the behavior is not the same. On eclipse, code generation is done only when model file is saved, but with intellij, code generation seems to happen all the time, even if there is no modification is the file, but just a tree modification.
Another problem is that code generation happens on each modification done in model file without any saving, so its become to be slow if the model file is "big" (1000 lines).

Is it possible to generate code only when model file is saved or something like this?

Thanks for your help.
Re: Xtext Intellij integration [message #1729236 is a reply to message #1729130] Tue, 12 April 2016 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sven Efftinge is currently offline Sven EfftingeFriend

You can disable the automatic code generation, and rely on a build file. E.g. you could use a gradle build.
A save-cycle is very uncommon in IntelliJ which is why we don't use it.

But the code generation shouldn't block anything and it should be canceled if you keep typing. Is that not the case for you?
Also please explain what you mean by "no modification is the file, but just a tree modification."

Sven
Re: Xtext Intellij integration [message #1729396 is a reply to message #1729236] Wed, 13 April 2016 17:51 Go to previous message
Didier Didos is currently offline Didier DidosFriend
Thanks a lot.

My main issue is that code generation happen all the time, even if model file is not touch. We are commited to GIT generated sources, and a simple build, regenerate everything all the time.
When you proposed a build file, this is a gradle build? Is it possible to use it with maven?
Previous Topic:Initialize a ResourceSet with some library models
Next Topic:specify STRING in my DSL, so I can use templates inside the string
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:56:50 GMT 2024