Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Petri Nets(Linking Petri Nets to 4DIAC through XML)
Petri Nets [message #1728965] Fri, 08 April 2016 16:35 Go to next message
Natalia Garzón is currently offline Natalia GarzónFriend
Hello engineers, I'm a college student woring on my degree work and I would like to use Petri nets as a validation/simulation tool for my models in 4DIAC.
I had read that IEC 61499 may work with XML files, and as you know that is also a way to represent petri nets, I want to know if is it possible to link both models to make them work together as one. If not what another validation/simulation tool can I use?

My goal is: Simulate in a software tool the model of the reconfigurable manufacturing process based on IEC 61499.

Thanks for your advice!
Re: Petri Nets [message #1729075 is a reply to message #1728965] Sun, 10 April 2016 22:21 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

Normally you need a tool that will analyze/execute your models. In 4DIAC we can execute the IEC 61499 models in our run-time evironment or any runtime environment supporting the configurability provisions defined in the "IEC 61499 complience profile for feasilibity demonstrations". So for your petri net model it depends on the tool you are using for analyzing/executing the petri nets. We store all FBs in the XML format defined in IEC 61499-2 furthermore you can also export all system configurations to this format. So this could be an option to read in models defined in 4DIAC.

But maybe you are more looking for some kind of co-simulation environment. Therefore one question from my side would be what do you wan to represent in the petri nets? If it is the behavior of the real world it could be an option to let 4DIAC and your petri net environment communicate with each other . Or use technologies like FMI/FMU. When you are on discrete event simulation an option could even be to implement the simulation models in IEC 61499 FBs. You could have a look on the Model View Controller design pattern from Jim Christensen presented at the Holobloc web-page.

If you do this I would however introduce virtual I/O FBs to separate control application and simulation from the beginning.

I hope this helps.

Alois
Previous Topic:Internal Event Vs External Event
Next Topic:Problem with translation from structured text to cpp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:01:23 GMT 2024