Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Code synchronization with UML model
Code synchronization with UML model [message #1728810] Thu, 07 April 2016 14:31 Go to next message
Nelson Pestana is currently offline Nelson PestanaFriend
I'm creating an UML editor from scratch with ecore and sirius. One feature I want to implement is the code and UML synchronization (real-time, if not possible triggered from a toolbar button). Is Acceleo a good choice and is there any tutorial explaining how to trigger the code generation from other eclipse plugin.
Re: Code synchronization with UML model [message #1728890 is a reply to message #1728810] Fri, 08 April 2016 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

Traceability between the code and model is something that Acceleo featured earlier but is no longer available because of changes in the platform and extreme difficulty of perserving correct traceability information from the text generation.

Though no longer available to the end-user, the feature's code is still there. You might want to look at what we have in the org.eclipse.acceleo.traceability plug-in for an idea of how you could accomplish this.

Other than the traceability aspects, have you taken a look at UML Designer https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/uml-designer which _is_ an UML editor based on Sirius?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: Code synchronization with UML model [message #1729588 is a reply to message #1728890] Fri, 15 April 2016 16:34 Go to previous message
Nelson Pestana is currently offline Nelson PestanaFriend
After seeing the UML Designer, I only need the class diagram editor, and actually for now I don't need UML compliance.

About the Acceleo, the way it generates code I think it not good for the 2 way code synchronization and I'm thinking in doing it from scratch.

Thank you for your reply.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2016 16:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Pair up data
Next Topic:luna launching acceleo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:43:44 GMT 2024