Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » DefaultPerspective is not taken into account
DefaultPerspective is not taken into account [message #1728778] Thu, 07 April 2016 09:19 Go to next message
Francois Le Fevre is currently offline Francois Le FevreFriend
Dear all,
I am making a RCP with tycho for SysML Eclipse project [1]
I have setup a plugin_customization.ini
with
org.eclipse.ui/defaultPerspectiveId=org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.core.perspective

nevertheless when I am executing the resulting rcp, it opens by default the resource perspective.

I have look at the rcp to find the plugin_customization.ini, it has the good content.

[flefevre@is227415 papyrusSysML1.4]$ find . -name plugin_customization.ini./plugins/org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml14.rcp_0.8.0/plugin_customization.ini
./plugins/org.eclipse.platform_4.5.1.v20150904-0015/plugin_customization.ini

It is presents but not taken into account.

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus-sysml.git/tree/releng

[2]
more ./plugins/org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml14.rcp_0.8.0/plugin_customization.ini
# customization.ini
# sets default values for plug-in-specific preferences
# keys are qualified by plug-in id
# e.g., com.example.acmeplugin/myproperty=myvalue
# java.io.Properties file (ISO 8859-1 with "\" escapes)
# "%key" are externalized strings defined in plugin_customization.properties
# This file does not need to be translated.

# Property "org.eclipse.ui/defaultPerspectiveId" controls the
# perspective that the workbench opens initially
org.eclipse.ui/defaultPerspectiveId=org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.core.perspective

# new-style tabs by default
org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_TRADITIONAL_STYLE_TABS=false

# put the perspective switcher on the top right
org.eclipse.ui/DOCK_PERSPECTIVE_BAR=topRight

# show progress on startup
org.eclipse.ui/SHOW_PROGRESS_ON_STARTUP=true
Re: DefaultPerspective is not taken into account [message #1728808 is a reply to message #1728778] Thu, 07 April 2016 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Your papyrusSysml.product *file* is specifying the wrong *product* definition (the uid attribute):
<product name="Papyrus SysML 1.4" uid="org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml14.product" id="org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml14.product" application="org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" version="0.8.1.qualifier" useFeatures="true" includeLaunchers="true">

The uid field should specify the product definition (the extension of org.eclipse.core.runtime.products), which is org.eclipse.papyrus.sysml14.rcp.product (the bundle-id + extension id).

The plugin_customization.ini is read from the bundle that provides the product definition. Since you had an invalid product definition, it didn't load the plugin_customization.ini.

The many uses of 'product' in defining all of this metadata is very confusing Sad The way I think of it is:

• The .product file defines the launcher: it provides OS-specific branding and information shown on launch, and lists the features and bundles to be included as the deployed executable package. These definitions have a unique identifier, the ID field in the .product editor's General Information section, which unfortunately corresponds to the uid attribute in the .product file, introducing yet more confusion. This identifier allows referencing the executable definition from a p2 repository.
  • The product definition is an extension to org.eclipse.core.runtime.products and describes runtime properties and branding information used during execution. (And unfortunately corresponds to the id attribute in the .product file.)
  • Each .product file corresponds to an executable package (a launcher, e.g., a .app bundle in OS X); but an executable package can include multiple product definitions.

So looking at the Eclipse Packaging Project's JEE definition:

• The product ID (the .product file) is 'epp.package.jee'
  • The main product definition is 'org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product' (defined in a bundle org.eclipse.epp.package.jee)
  • There are other product definitions included, and a different product definition can be selected on startup using the -product command-line argument. For example, -product org.eclipse.platform.ide.

Hope that helps.

Brian.
Re: DefaultPerspective is not taken into account [message #1728811 is a reply to message #1728808] Thu, 07 April 2016 14:41 Go to previous message
Francois Le Fevre is currently offline Francois Le FevreFriend
Brian

at first you solve my problem.

secundly you open my mind to this product definition.

thanks a lot for time taken to answer. I hope it will help other people.

Francois
Previous Topic:use Remote System explorer connection for eclipse browser
Next Topic:Is there any easy way to search file with auto-detected charset
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:43:02 GMT 2024