Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Toolbar not draggable (RCP with compatibility layer)
Toolbar not draggable (RCP with compatibility layer) [message #1728436] Mon, 04 April 2016 11:09 Go to next message
Peter Kullmann is currently offline Peter KullmannFriend
I have an RCP application based on the e3 api running on 4.5.2. It has a toolbar (which is created in an ActionBarAdvisor). The toolbar is not draggable. Where can I change this?

Thanks,
Peter
Re: Toolbar not draggable (RCP with compatibility layer) [message #1728440 is a reply to message #1728436] Mon, 04 April 2016 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrik Suzzi is currently offline Patrik SuzziFriend
IIRC The toolbar is not draggable by default.

To make it draggable, remove the NoMove tag from your toolbar.

http://i.imgur.com/TiqSz8d.png

If this does not work, report a Platform UI bug and describe exactly what you need.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2016 11:41] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Toolbar not draggable (RCP with compatibility layer) [message #1728457 is a reply to message #1728440] Mon, 04 April 2016 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Peter says he's running on the E3.x layer though, Patrick, where toolbars are normally draggable. From Peter's symptoms it sounds like the dragHandle.png file is not being resolved, or perhaps he's running a custom theme?
Re: Toolbar not draggable (RCP with compatibility layer) [message #1728458 is a reply to message #1728457] Mon, 04 April 2016 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't got a custom theme, just a single color definition in the org.eclipse.ui.themes extension point.
Re: Toolbar not draggable (RCP with compatibility layer) [message #1728460 is a reply to message #1728458] Mon, 04 April 2016 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Are you able to drag the toolbars in your IDE?

If yes, then there's a problem with your setup: check your log output and see if there's anything reported. Please verify that you're including all of the bundles referenced by the org.eclipse.rcp feature and its included features.

If no, then please attach a screenshot and check your logs for errors. In the screenshot, I'm looking for the little 'dimples' that are the drag-handles. Those are the draggable bits.

index.php/fa/25518/0/

Brian.
Re: Toolbar not draggable (RCP with compatibility layer) [message #1728483 is a reply to message #1728460] Mon, 04 April 2016 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bo Berney is currently offline Bo BerneyFriend
I am seeing the same problem with locked toolbars. We have a very large application based on 3.7.2 and as a first step, we are using the compatibility layer to run our plug-ins under 3.5.

There are no errors in the workspace log file.

I cannot figure out how to unlock the toolbars.

Attached are snapshots of the old vs the new.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2016 15:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Toolbar not draggable (RCP with compatibility layer) [message #1728503 is a reply to message #1728460] Tue, 05 April 2016 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I can drag toolbars in the IDE. For the RCP app: There is no output in the log (besides other non-ui related stuff).

index.php/fa/25531/0/
Re: Toolbar not draggable (RCP with compatibility layer) [message #1728526 is a reply to message #1728503] Tue, 05 April 2016 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the attached testtoolbars.zip is a minimal project created by the e3 RCP wizard. I added a feature, a product and some toolbar items in the ActionBarAdvisor. The toolbar is not draggable.
Re: Toolbar not draggable (RCP with compatibility layer) [message #1730418 is a reply to message #1728526] Mon, 25 April 2016 15:29 Go to previous message
I have found a solution:

First define a product extension in order to define a css:
      <product
            application="testtoolbars.app" name="Test Toolbars" >
         <property
               name="applicationCSS"
               value="platform:/plugin/testtoolbars/style/testtoolbars.css">
         </property>
         <property
               name="applicationCSSResources"
               value="platform:/plugin/testtoolbars/style/">
         </property>
         <property
               name="applicationXMI"
               value="platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.ui.workbench/LegacyIDE.e4xmi">
         </property>

... more properties

</product>

Next, add the following in the stylesheet:

.MToolBar.Draggable {
        handle-image:  url(./dragHandle.png); 
}

.MToolControl.Draggable {
        handle-image:  url(./dragHandle.png); 
}

and put the png into the folder.

That's it.