Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Riena » Custom Marker for a TextRidget?
Custom Marker for a TextRidget? [message #1728377] Mon, 04 April 2016 05:31 Go to next message
Peter Kullmann is currently offline Peter KullmannFriend
I would like to add a message marker to a text ridget that would look like an error marker (or similar) but is not considered as an error when validating the form. How is that possible? I tried with an implementation of ICustomMarker but it doesn't work. Do I have to supply my own BorderMarkerSupport or something along these lines?

Peter
Re: Custom Marker for a TextRidget? [message #1728547 is a reply to message #1728377] Tue, 05 April 2016 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello Peter,
could you please describe the problems you are having with the ICustomMarker interface in more detail? This would be very helpful to help you.

We have a demo for the implementation of custom markers via this interface. Have a look at CustomMarkerSubModuleController. In the example Client you can find it under Playground->Markers->Custom Marker.
Re: Custom Marker for a TextRidget? [message #1728577 is a reply to message #1728547] Tue, 05 April 2016 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Kullmann is currently offline Peter KullmannFriend
In the meantime I have used a workaround and colored the label instead of using a marker. Therefore I haven't got the exact code which I tried. But I think I see the difference of my code to the one in the demo application: I have subclassed AbstractMarker (and implemented ICustomMarker and IMessageMarker) whereas the demo uses subclasses of OutputMarker and MandatoryMarker.

Isn't it possible to use my own marker? Because what I want to show to the user has nothing to do with mandatory or output.
Re: Custom Marker for a TextRidget? [message #1742494 is a reply to message #1728577] Fri, 02 September 2016 11:59 Go to previous message
Christian Campo is currently offline Christian CampoFriend
Hi Peter,

sorry for coming back so late but we are not very good at monitoring the forum I think.

I think its possible but maybe its a little tricky. I admit the last marker that we have added was the AttentionMarker. Since it also subclasses the AbstractMarker, maybe it can help you.

If not please open a bug and add all the code that you have in there and we continue the discussion there....

christian
Previous Topic:Riena leaving the Eclipse Release Train "Oxygen"
Next Topic:riena bugzilla issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:33:43 GMT 2024