Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » OM2M » Questions regarding the CoAP, MQTT and Bluetooth IPU implementation
Questions regarding the CoAP, MQTT and Bluetooth IPU implementation [message #1728353] Sun, 03 April 2016 09:32 Go to next message
Klemen Petrovcic is currently offline Klemen PetrovcicFriend
I have four questions regarding the development of the IPE plugins:

1.) I want to perform GET and POST requests to my IP enabled sensor. I imported the jar files of the Apache Http Library into the sample plugin and successfully executed the requests to the sensor unit.

I've seen that there is a OSGi bundle with the name below, which probably corresponds to the mentioned library:
org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient_4.3.6.v201411290715

If that is the case, how can I use that bundle, to perform the requests?

2.) I'd like to develop an IPE plugin for the protocol CoAP (using the Californium framework) and MQTT (using the Moquette broker). I've seen that Californium already comes in the OSGi form and read, that Moquette could also be transformed to it.

Should I use the OSGi forms or is it enough if I use the jars of the mentioned libraries in my IPE plugins?

3.) I'd also like to write a Bluetooth plugin. This plugin and the two mentioned above will run on Raspberry Pi. I've seen that people tend to use the BlueCove library for bluetooth communication, but no one has managed to make it work on the Pi. Do you know (or have experience) with any other bluetooth libraries which should work with the framework (and subsequently with the Pi)?

4.) What is the purpose of the rr (=RequestReachibility) bool parameter? Does it mean that if it is false, for a given remote cse, that cse won't be reachable by requests?

Thank you in advance for your help.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2016 13:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Questions regarding the CoAP, MQTT and Bluetooth IPU implementation [message #1729103 is a reply to message #1728353] Mon, 11 April 2016 08:51 Go to previous message
Francois AissaouiFriend
Hi Klemen,
About your questions:

1) Yes you can use the already available plugin from OSGi. For that, you just have to specify in the MANIFEST file the imported packages from the apache httpclient. After that, you will be able to import and use those classes.

2) For this part, this is your choice. If you add them as OSGi plugins, other plugins (then your IPE) will be able to use the library. If it is not necessary, you can simply add it inside your plugin as a jar dependency.

3) Personally, I have never worked with Bluetooth connection in Java. So I will let other people advise you on that part !

4) The RequestReachability parameters, as you said, define if a CSE or an AE is able to receive requests. If it is said as true, request will be send to the available Point of Access provided in the representation of the resource (CSE or AE).

Regards,
François
Previous Topic:Error loading bundle activator
Next Topic:OM2M and mBed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:05:10 GMT 2024