Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Configuring xDebug in Eclipse
Configuring xDebug in Eclipse [message #1728033] Wed, 30 March 2016 12:55
Eugene Krylov is currently offline Eugene KrylovFriend
Excuse me for my terrible English, please.

I need to tune our team development system for site, which will use PHP, JS and MySQL.
I've decided to create development server on Ubuntu 4.14, Apache 2.4.7, PHP 5.5.9, Trac 1.0.1 and GIT 1.9.1 (I hope Smile ). All done.
As an IDE, the best choice will be Eclipse, it seems to me. (I try to use Mars 2, 4.5.2). Current OS of developers is WinXP.

My current stage of works is to organize debugging of the PHP code together with JS in HTML pages. And here is the main trouble. I see 3 ways for configuring Eclipse:
1. using Apache+PHP on our separate Ubuntu server
2. using Apache+PHP on localhosts of each developer's WinXP-workstation
3. using PHP CLI on every local WinXP-workstation.

Accordingly to said above, below my questions, looking for your generous response:

q1. Starting with case 1 (separate Ubuntu server), I've installed xDebug, guided by xdebug.org/wizard.php . Unfortunately, after configuring Eclipse, checking myself with http://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.php.help%2Fhtml%2Ftasks%2Fdebugging%2Fdebugging_a_php_web_page.html (but only changing "localhost" with local IP "192.168.1.34") and after trying debug, in new Eclipse tab I receive my html page (192.168.1.34/index.php?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=ECLIPSE_DBGP&KEY=14593324257769), but in the bottom tab "Progress" I see readiness 78% ("Launching: Waiting for XDebug session..."). Is it standart trouble? Could someone route me toward solution?

q2. In the same "case 1" I don't understand the next: what bind exists between the file with PHP instructions in my Eclipse window and the other one, scanned by debugger at server? Should I manually keep them identical? - It seems strange, that in "Debug configurations" dialog field "File" lets to set only local file, but field "URL" only remote one.

q3. Trying to go via PHP CLI (case 3), I had not find any instructions how to install XDebug for PHP CLI in Win32. Could someone help?

Any help is really appreciated

PS
I've answered the 1st question myself: with xdebug.remote_connect_back =on

[Updated on: Fri, 01 April 2016 11:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:JavaScript and CPU
Next Topic:getting error in php explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:14:31 GMT 2024