Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » IllegalArgumentException: The feature 'xxx' is not a valid feature(Exception when trying to create a representation)
icon9.gif  IllegalArgumentException: The feature 'xxx' is not a valid feature [message #1727865] Mon, 28 March 2016 17:26 Go to next message
Hulk Esp is currently offline Hulk EspFriend
Hi,

I am new to Sirius. I created a Viewpoint Specification Model (.odesign) and I am trying to create a representation of a model contained in a xmi file.

When I click "Create a new representation" -> (Select a representation type) My diagram -> (Select a semantic element for the new representation) model.xmi the attached exception is thrown:

index.php/fa/25452/0/

The model contained in the xmi file was build based on an ecore that is already registered in Eclipse (it appears in the EMF Registry) and that ecore contains the 'isRoot' feature. What is strange is that it works perfectly in other machine with the same version of Eclipse and Sirius.

Any clues?

Thanks!
Re: IllegalArgumentException: The feature 'xxx' is not a valid feature [message #1728403 is a reply to message #1727865] Mon, 04 April 2016 08:34 Go to previous message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Le 29/03/2016 16:19, Hulk Esp a écrit :
> Hi,

Hi.

> I am new to Sirius. I created a Viewpoint Specification Model (.odesign) and I am trying to create a representation of a model contained in a xmi file.
>
> When I click "Create a new representation" -> (Select a representation type) My diagram -> (Select a semantic element for the new representation) model.xmi the attached exception is thrown:
>
>
>
> The model contained in the xmi file was build based on an ecore that is already registered in Eclipse (it appears in the EMF Registry) and that ecore contains the 'isRoot' feature. What is strange is that it works perfectly in other machine with the same version of Eclipse and Sirius.

It is indeed strange that you get different behaviors on different
machines. Are you using exactly the same model/doing the same operations
on both? If not, they use different part of the VSM, and one may avoid
the buggy part.

> Any clues?

'isRoot' is not a typical feature name. Usually the feature would be
named 'root', and *the Java method* genrated to read its value would be
'isRoot'. If you have written Acceleo/MTL expressions to navigate in
your model, you should use the actual feature name, not the Java getter
method name, i.e. [self.root/] instead of [self.isRoot/].

Another possibility is that the Eclipse plug-ins which define your
metamodel is not actually available on one of the machines.

--
Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:What is the best way to keep the meta data(or some info) for the diagram ?
Next Topic:Copy File containing objects with diagrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:09:48 GMT 2024