Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Survey on unit testing practices and flaky tests(Please, collaborate with our research!)
Survey on unit testing practices and flaky tests [message #1727742] Sat, 26 March 2016 13:31 Go to next message
Marllos P. Prado is currently offline Marllos P. PradoFriend
Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Marllos Prado, PhD student at Universidade Federal de Goias (Brazil) and supervised by Professor Dr. Auri Vicenzi. We are contacting you to ask for some valuable assistance with our research.

To be more specific, our project is committed to investigate improvements in Software Testing activity, in particular, regarding cognitive support for unit testing tasks. At this stage, the project is investigating current practices, to evaluate opportunities of cognitive support. As part of this effort, we are planning to apply a survey with practitioners, to get real users' feedback. The questions in our survey try to address the following research questions: characterization of current unit testing practices; support used in the identification of ``Flaky'' test cases occurrence (unreliable test cases); opportunities for the improvement of unit testing tools.

In case you, or any person in your company might be interested in this research and want to voluntarily assist us, we would appreciate your participation answering or indicating professionals to answer our survey - testers or developers who perform or have experience with unit test. The survey should take approximately 20-25 mins. We provide additional details in the first page of the survey, and you can contact me directly through my e-mail: pradosurvey@gmail.com. This is the link to our survey:

http://survey.sogosurvey.com/k/RQsTTWSQsRVsPsPsP

Thank you very much for your attention!

Sincerely,

[Updated on: Tue, 29 March 2016 22:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Survey on unit testing practices and flaky tests [message #1727877 is a reply to message #1727742] Mon, 28 March 2016 22:10 Go to previous message
Marllos P. Prado is currently offline Marllos P. PradoFriend
Ps.: I only need 52 more volunteers to reach the intended minimum amount of responses. =) I would be very glad if I could complete them with members from the Eclipse community! I also have an optional field in the end of the survey for those interested in not losing the opportunity of collaboration to the current research (with potential practical impact over the current testing tools) or that want to receive a summary of the research results!
Previous Topic:Webinar (Dec 8): How to create Cross-Platform Automated GUI Tests for Java Apps
Next Topic:This forum has been archived.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:02:06 GMT 2024