Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Styling MPartStack tab-height with relative height
Styling MPartStack tab-height with relative height [message #1727602] Thu, 24 March 2016 11:04 Go to next message
Andreas Buchen is currently offline Andreas BuchenFriend
I am styling the tab height of MPartStack via a custom CSS file in my e4 RCP application:

.MPartStack {
     swt-tab-height: 25px;
}

However, this hard-coded 25px does not work an all platforms, in particular when the application is running in Windows 10 with a HiDPI screen. On HiDPI 25px is not enough, even smaller than the text. But then 25px works on OS X Retina.

Is there any why to set the height relative to the font height?
Or add padding above and/or below the text?

This SWT Mapping Wikipage seems to imply only fixed values are possible. So what are you doing then? Writing custom renderers?
Re: Styling MPartStack tab-height with relative height [message #1727622 is a reply to message #1727602] Thu, 24 March 2016 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Have you tried to use em instead of px? Haven't tried it myself yet, but in CSS this should do the trick IIRC.
Re: Styling MPartStack tab-height with relative height [message #1727659 is a reply to message #1727622] Thu, 24 March 2016 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just tried "25em" instead. That has no styling effect whatsoever.
Re: Styling MPartStack tab-height with relative height [message #1727802 is a reply to message #1727659] Sun, 27 March 2016 18:29 Go to previous message
I now configured a custom renderer:

.MPartStack {
	swt-tab-renderer: url('bundleclass://name.abuchen.portfolio.ui/name.abuchen.portfolio.ui.renderers.CTabRendering');
}

with a trivial implementation:

public class CTabRendering extends CTabFolderRenderer
{
    public CTabRendering(CTabFolder parent)
    {
        super(parent);
    }

@Override
    protected Point computeSize(int part, int state, GC gc, int wHint, int hHint)
    {
        if (part != PART_HEADER)
            return super.computeSize(part, state, gc, wHint, hHint);

int height = gc.textExtent("Default", SWT.DRAW_TRANSPARENT | SWT.DRAW_MNEMONIC).y + 12; //$NON-NLS-1$

Rectangle trim = computeTrim(part, state, 0, 0, 0, height);
        return new Point(trim.width, trim.height);
    }
}

(Alternatively, one could / should iterate over the tabs and compute individual sizes. However, in my use case, I do not have icons and alternative fonts).
Previous Topic:E4 Preferences Dialog
Next Topic:Hello World
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:11:25 GMT 2024