Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Looking for similar features available in Visual Studio in Eclipse(Looking for similar features available in Visual Studio in Eclipse)
Looking for similar features available in Visual Studio in Eclipse [message #1726828] Wed, 16 March 2016 17:25 Go to next message
Tarik Abdallah is currently offline Tarik AbdallahFriend
Hi,

I'm new to the Eclipse world and have been using Visual Studio (c#) for a while. I'm looking for some similar things I'm use to having in Visual Studio.

For example:
1) Is there a view where I can view all my tests in a particular project? Currently, the Junit view will show all the tests inside of a particular test class but what if i have multiple test classes and want to see every tests that is inside of a particular test project?

2) In Visual Studio, there is a an ordered test list, where you can put all your tests and specify the order they run in and can easily just run the ordered test list to kick off your entire test suite. Is there such a concept in Eclipse?

3) This is related to debugging but I thought I'd ask it here too, if I have my code separated into various projects (e.g. one project for driver, one for actual test cases, etc.) when I debug, how can I step into the code that is inside of the other project. Currently, when I step into the code, i get a "Source not found" and a button that shows "Edit source lookup path".

In Visual Studio, there are .pdb files that contain the debugging stuff so as long as you drop that file into the your solution directory when you debug it will step into it.

Thanks so much!

- T
Re: Looking for similar features available in Visual Studio in Eclipse [message #1726831 is a reply to message #1726828] Wed, 16 March 2016 17:48 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Some of the answers depend on what programming language you're talking about.
Previous Topic:How to specify pom.xml in maven build for "run as configuration"
Next Topic:Import of Maven project - imports cannot be resolved.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:23:59 GMT 2024