Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Structured text(How to use structured text ?)
Structured text [message #1726688] Tue, 15 March 2016 18:07 Go to next message
Wolfgang Bretz is currently offline Wolfgang BretzFriend
Hi,

trying to use structured text in a basic fb action i got problems on compiling a custom fb.

In ST i use a 61131 FB like this:

VAR
tonYellow: FB_TON;
END_VAR;

I exported it to FORTE and tried to compile it. There are a lot of errors.

Please can anyone tell me whether there is sth wrong in my ST, or what i have to do in configuration of FORTE to compile it.

Thanks

Greetings
Wolfgang
Re: Structured text [message #1726722 is a reply to message #1726688] Tue, 15 March 2016 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

currently we are not supporting to use IEC 61131-3 FBs within ST. The main reason for this is that currently there is no clear definition in IEC 61499 how the semantics would be and where FBs would be declared. The standardization committee is working on this issue and as soon as we have a darft we also plan to bring it to 4DIAC for evaluating. We are happy to get feedback how you would like to use IEC 61131-3 FBs.

Furthermore I'm not sure if having FBs like TON is a good candidate to be used within a IEC 61499 FB, because a TON will only update its outputs when it is invoked. So to get the delay behavior you need to cyclically invoke your custom basic FB. Maybe the ATimeOut adapter used as plug can better serve your needs. You can see an example usage in the traffic light example delivered with 4DIAC 1.8 M1.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Cheers,
Alois

Re: Structured text [message #1726834 is a reply to message #1726722] Wed, 16 March 2016 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang Bretz is currently offline Wolfgang BretzFriend
Hi Alois,
thx for answering.

I have build forte for board A20-olinuxino-micro with cross toolchain linaro (debian, setup_posix). Also i build SIFBs and a library for GPIO. Everything works fine.

So i thought there is sth wrong in this, because the ST with FB_TON doesnt compile (i am not so experienced in cmake).

Now i can go further.

Greetings
Wolfgang

Re: Structured text [message #1726875 is a reply to message #1726834] Thu, 17 March 2016 08:23 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

sounds very interesting. Would be happy to hear more. Maybe also the new hardware exhibition section could be interesting for showing your results.

Cheers,
Alois
Previous Topic:Raspberry Pi platform support
Next Topic:Problem with QX in Raspberry pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:24:06 GMT 2024