Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Retaining `tooltips' w/ an SVN project...?
Retaining `tooltips' w/ an SVN project...? [message #1726667] Tue, 15 March 2016 13:44 Go to next message
Matthew Murrian is currently offline Matthew MurrianFriend
I have joined development of an SVN project. In previous Eclipse projects, created locally, I was greeted with all the great features of an IDE, by default. This is, include files were automatically parsed for function definitions and class members so that I would receive all the helpful `tooltips' as I developed.... pop-ups of available data members, functions, parameter lists, etc.

On importing an SVN project ... all I have of any of that functionality seems to be syntax highlighting. I can't even click `Open Declaration' and find myself in the appropriate `.h' file. I don't know the `project properties' intimately but when I open them up I am greeted with a _much_ shorter subset. I don't even have the ready option to `create a new C++ source/header file' with the auto-population of header information and multi-include protection.

What's the most user-friendly way to get back include indexing and all the great features of Eclipse that come along with it when working within an imported SVN project?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Retaining `tooltips' w/ an SVN project...? [message #1734153 is a reply to message #1726667] Sun, 05 June 2016 10:39 Go to previous message
Alexander Gurov is currently offline Alexander GurovFriend
It seems to me that you possibly have an issue with the project nature and as result you don't have any functionality CDT provides. If it is so, then in order to fix it you should set corresponding nature for your project. Although my guess could be wrong.

Best regards,
Alexander.
Previous Topic:Mars Synchronize SVN Update All only does a portion
Next Topic:Correct way to create a TCL project tied to SVN with correct structure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:39:48 GMT 2024