Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Eclipse - New Plug-in Project - Pure E4 ?(Creating a new Plugin-in in Mars adds a dependency of org.eclipse.ui)
Eclipse - New Plug-in Project - Pure E4 ? [message #1726337] Fri, 11 March 2016 14:23 Go to next message
Doug Sh is currently offline Doug ShFriend
I am working on a pure E4 application (no compatibility layer code). When I create a new plug-in in Eclipse, the new plugin will have a dependency on org.eclipse.ui which is not in my target platform. Is there any way to have a pure E4 plug-in created? It is real annoying when the steps to creating a new plugin involves removing dependencies that Eclipse has added.

Thanks!
Doug
Re: Eclipse - New Plug-in Project - Pure E4 ? [message #1726340 is a reply to message #1726337] Fri, 11 March 2016 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
I think it is because the checked "Create an Activator" which is checked by default. And the created default Activator extends some base implementation in org.eclipse.ui

Personally I think we should not activate the creation of an Activator by default and also update the template to use an OSGi base class to avoid that.

Could you create a ticket for this?
Re: Eclipse - New Plug-in Project - Pure E4 ? [message #1726341 is a reply to message #1726340] Fri, 11 March 2016 14:56 Go to previous message
Doug Sh is currently offline Doug ShFriend
I created https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=489440

Doug
Previous Topic:Dynamic Menu Contribution to PopupMenu
Next Topic:Unable To Launch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:01:07 GMT 2024